Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Who owns Federal and Remington now ?

Vista owns Remington Ammunition.. Vista also owns Federal Ammunition...

Rem Arms, a new company, owns the right/ability to build Remington Firearms..

I forget just how many primer brands Vista owns as well...

Seems like a lot of movement of sporting goods stock lately. Makes you wonder what is about to take place. In the past it seems like a lot of movement like this preceeded big political changes in gun laws.

Always volatile in election years,........not much good has come out of Vista from the beginning.

Sadly IMO , the majority of the executives running the major firearms companies in the US don't care at all about the 2nd Amend or Guns & Hunting in general. They are in it for the money and it wouldn't surprise me if you see many of them sell out to foreign interest.

Sadly IMO , the majority of the executives running the major firearms companies in the US don't care at all about the 2nd Amend or Guns & Hunting in general. They are in it for the money and it wouldn't surprise me if you see many of them sell out to foreign interest.

That paints with a pretty broad brush if you dont actually know the CEO's of the major firms personally or understand their positions/views and their relationships with their boards, shareholders, and other stake holders..

Indeed ALL CEO's in ALL industries are incredibly motivated to maximize shareholder returns (make money).. if that is not their #1 priority, they will not be CEO very long... they are generally speaking NOT owners.. they answer to the owners (shareholders), and more specifically answer to the largest scale owners the most frequently and with the greatest priority..

I'd venture that there arent a lot of major investors, whether private or corporate, that would dump a huge sum of capital into a firearms related firm if they were anti 2A or anti hunting... that would be like pro-life people dumping money into GenBioPro (the company that manufactures the "abortion pill"..)... there are plenty of other things to invest in that will make you money that are not counter to your fundamental beliefs and values..

But will the CEO of a major firearms firm prioritize hunters rights over his top line growth and bottom line improvement directives issued by his board of directors? Very likely not... or the board will find another CEO...

Nor would the CEO of Maybelline remain CEO very long if he/she decided legislation related to animal testing of make up products were more important than gross annual sales..

The two things may be interrelated..

But the top line and the bottom line will always reign supreme for the C-Suite.. REGARDLESS of industry...

Investors arent buying shares in firearms businesses because they want the 2A protected or because they want hunters rights protected.. they are investing in those businesses because they want to make money..

If they want the 2A protected or hunters rights protected they will donate money to things like DSC, SCI, NRA, GOA, etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindaParte

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.