Croc/Hippo Hunting

Plus 1

Reaction score
I am going to Mozambique this August. It is my second safari, the first was to South Africa for the typical plains game hunt. The primary animal this trip is buffalo. The area is also good for hippo and croc. I am mainly "hunting" for memories, experiences, excitement. I would like to hear from those that have hunted croc and/or hippo. What is the experience like, are you glad you did it, would you do it again, etc.? Part of my apprehension is that I don't have a place to display a full body croc mount and I am not crazy about a hippo wall mount. Thus looking for input on the experience.

Which area and with which outfitter will you be hunting?

I will be hunting Northern Mozambique, about 1.5 hours east of Lichinga. Our PH is Mynhardt Erasmus with Re a Lora Safaris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAngloPrussian

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.