RBurg44

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Crate.jpg
after a long wait i finally have my crate back from my aug hunt with pawprints loaded on my truck! I want to tell ya my experience in clearing myself... called usfw once tracking showed it was at bwi. They were very easy and helpful, when i got there this morning all paper work was ready to go all i had to do was sign my name ok so less them a minute there. Now go across hall to customs, no prob sign in had to wait for a officer to walk out of back room waited 20mins he came grabbed my paper work from usfw went to back room and back out no more then 2 mins later. Told me where to go to pick up my crate from delta cargo 30sec drive there. Go in show ID cut a check and am told what dock to back up to. In and out of there in less then 5 mins. So what i can say is use a reputable dip and pack company and shipper and clear the shit yourself!!! It was so easy!! Thanks to swiftdip and safari cargo communication was excellent and prompt they had everything in order. Cant wait to open crate later! Hope all teeth are still in my giraffe skull!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Officer Savage still in the USFW office at BWI?

I'm glad she's still there, she told me 2 years ago that she was going to retire soon. Those two make clearing your own stuff so easy, it's almost a pleasure. Apparently not that way at other locations.

Glad it all went so well and so fast. Sometimes I think some people make it harder then it would be by how they may act. Sound like you just let it happen and in no time it was done and good for you. Looking forward to seeing the work when done and then we can start make the plans to get back and hunt some more.

Nice when a plan comes together.
Hope everything is as you expect on the inside....

View attachment 219131 after a long wait i finally have my crate back from my aug hunt with pawprints loaded on my truck! I want to tell ya my experience in clearing myself... called usfw once tracking showed it was at bwi. They were very easy and helpful, when i got there this morning all paper work was ready to go all i had to do was sign my name ok so less them a minute there. Now go across hall to customs, no prob sign in had to wait for a officer to walk out of back room waited 20mins he came grabbed my paper work from usfw went to back room and back out no more then 2 mins later. Told me where to go to pick up my crate from delta cargo 30sec drive there. Go in show ID cut a check and am told what dock to back up to. In and out of there in less then 5 mins. So what i can say is use a reputable dip and pack company and shipper and clear the shit yourself!!! It was so easy!! Thanks to swiftdip and safari cargo communication was excellent and prompt they had everything in order. Cant wait to open crate later! Hope all teeth are still in my giraffe skull!!
Man, this is good to know. I'm going BWI next time. The Delta operation at Hartsfield leaves a lot to be desired and I won't even go near the stories I have about the Philly loading dock.

I've also had good dealings with Swift Dip on my last two trips !

We shall be waiting for pics of whats inside :A Popcorn:

Congrats on getting your stuff home!

Btw i choose delta to avoid at all costs jfk too many horror stories come out of that place.

:A Popcorn::A Popcorn::A Popcorn:

Everything looked good! Giraffe had all teeth. Kudu horns didnt look over boiled! "Beast" teeth missin a couple but not needed anyways! Hides will hit tannery in next couple weeks. Then when they come back kudu is first on list. My taxidermist will do 2/3 at a time so just gotta make my mind up on what to do at same time as the 60"er..

Great! Can’t wait to see that 60” kudu mounted!

May I ask who's doing your taxidermy work?

I thought so when he told me he got a bunch of African stuff in a few days ago. He does awesome work!

Ah another jerry user! Yes he does! Ive got all my stuff done by him. Ive seen so many other peoples stuff done by other guys and jerrys is by far the best! Hes got my stuff and my neighbors african hunt too. Hes got alot of work from us lined up! Im hoping to go on his eider hunt next year.

Jerry and I have been best friends for over 30 years, I live just a few miles down the road from him. So you want to hunt Eiders with Capt. Len, you will have a ball with him, that's for sure. My son and I are looking into hunting Eiders in Greenland next year, if we pull that off Jerry will have a bunch more work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg