Contacts Austria?

www.bundesforste.at

This is the Austrian State Forest Service.
They offer hunting all over Austria.

HWL
Suggest you keep trying. Best Hunting deal/experience of my European hunting career involved dealing directly with a local Czech Republic state agency.

Completely concur with @redleg — this is the way to go.
 
I’ve seen the great hunting reports from members here but I have contacted Elio (booking agent) before and when I start asking specific questions and we try and narrow down dates and additional costs. The communication breaks down on his end. And maybe that’s just translation. But again booking agent.
Have actually used Elio & St Hubertus on several occasions. His communication was not great — one of the ladies on his staff was actually pretty good, I can find her email again if you’d like —but both hunts through his agency were really good. In both cases, I made friends with the local landowner/State forestry agents, and if my tour had been longer, would’ve just returned directly. May do so in the future, actually. If you plan to hunt Europe repeatedly, perhaps it’s worth it.
 
Suggest you keep trying. Best Hunting deal/experience of my European hunting career involved dealing directly with a local Czech Republic state agency.

Completely concur with @redleg — this is the way to go.
The Austrian State Forest agency actually charges more than almost any other agent or any other private property in Austria. Often the Hotel will have paid for an animal through the state Forest and Hunting a state forest agency property. Sometimes you have to pay a little bit extra. Generally ibex book 3-four years out. Specially, any really huge ones or really cheap ones. Cheap is relative old females can be four to €5000. Trophy Billy would be €15,000 on the low end.
 
Have actually used Elio & St Hubertus on several occasions. His communication was not great — one of the ladies on his staff was actually pretty good, I can find her email again if you’d like —but both hunts through his agency were really good. In both cases, I made friends with the local landowner/State forestry agents, and if my tour had been longer, would’ve just returned directly. May do so in the future, actually. If you plan to hunt Europe repeatedly, perhaps it’s worth it.

The lady was probably Katerina. She does speak English fairly well and has always been responsive to me. I think bc they are basically a booking agent, getting the boots-on-the-ground guides to respond back to them is what can cause a few of the issues, but Katerina has always sorted it out.
 
Yes, Katerina was good people. I had a really positive experience working with her. When/if another European tour occurs, I'll reach out to her again if I can't find the hunt I want directly from a state agency.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,370
Messages
1,574,380
Members
170,028
Latest member
UteBzb1171
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top