Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
I've got some pretty high cheekbones, so even with 40 mm scopes and very low mounts, I'm still too low.

I'm looking for something that will strap on to my Tikka hunter and my Marlin.

Also, I'm a lefty, so I don't fancy laying my face on a row of extra cartridges. ;)

I have a Beartooth with cartridge loops, but you can get one without loops. It's height is adjusted by the various inserts provided in the kit. It is quite comfortable.

https://www.beartooth-products.com/collections/comb-raising-kit-gun-cover-cheek-pad-weld-piece

Screenshot (42).png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used a shell holder and pieces of mouse pad in the past to solve this problem not pretty but it worked for about 8-10 years.

Good video on scope alignment and homemade cheek riser.

Last edited:
I got a nice adjustable comb riser as part of the SAMM Safari shooting school. They teach you how to use it and adjust it for a perfect fit. I don't need it on most of my guns but it is a great product. I'm sure you could call them and order one.
Regards,
Philip

Straight tube scope + low rings and you'll be perfect without the comb riser

I wish. On my Tikka, using their factory rings (which mount directly to a milled-into-receiver dovetail) and a 40mm, 1" scope, it's still too high by probably a half inch.

I wish. On my Tikka, using their factory rings (which mount directly to a milled-into-receiver dovetail) and a 40mm, 1" scope, it's still too high by probably a half inch.

I'm here in Africa with my hunting partner. I replaced his Tikka t3 mounts with Talley QD allow rings and mount and it is the lowest possible config for that rifle and works with a 40mm scope.

I ordered a Bradley and a Beartooth. :D Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrodieLazz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.