cast bullet data.......

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
....for the .375 H&H and the .338 Win. Magnum? I have both calibers, and will eventually sell off one of them. I would like to make them as versatile as possible; I've done a lot of cast bullet testing with the .338 and so far have come up empty with an accurate load.
I've messed around with a small supply of cast bullets I received for the .375, but again nothing that is very accurate.
The bullets I am shooting out of the .338 are LEE's 220 grain RN with GC; I don't have a particular weight/style yet for the .375 (I'm just buying small amounts on line from different dealers to experiment with), so bullet weight/style doesn't matter to me much in this caliber at this particular time......as long as it is accurate, I don't care.
What I would like is a load that uses rifle powder; I've tried pretty much all the pistol powders so far, and nothing really stands out. I've tried trail boss in ALL my rifles, and for me it's been a miserable failure, accuracy-wise. I have some a very accurate load in my .30/30 using IMR 30/31, accurate loads in my .35 Remington using H4895 & IMR4320, and an accurate .30-06 load using IMR3031 & IMR4064. I have a good variation of powders on hand in addition to the above mentioned.
Anyone got a tack driver cast bullet load out there in these calibers? I'm looking for a load that I can use to punch paper, hunt whitetail deer/hog with, and not bruise the crap out of my shoulder.......
Thanks !

While I havent loaded for the 375 or 338 in a cas bullet I have done so with 6.5, 7mm, 303, 400 (adapted 405 Win) 404, 458 and the 577-450 and apart from the 577-450 which has green dot for a powder, right accross the cartidge range Blue Dot has been far and a way the best powder in terms of accuracy, consistency, and economy of use.
I even use BD to drive the 34gn nosler bullet to 2800fps as my go to 20VT rabbit rifle load out to 150yds.
The load data for blue dot is to fill the case to the mouth and weigh it with 20% being a starting load and 50% being the maximum load. BD is not position sensative so it dosent need a filler over the powder.
I have found that BD ha given me an excellent accuracy with a number of animals having been taken with one of the 6.5,s but any one of the cartridges is capable of hunting to 150yds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross