Bullets for Lion in 375 Rum

For the 375 Ruger there are 250 grain GMX and 270 grain SP-RP as well as the DGS and DGX.

Last April I used the 270 grain Superformance (in 375 H & H) on PG and was very happy with performance. Flat shooting and good expansion. The GMX was not available to me at the time.

I have no idea how they would work on lion, but they are fast and should expand... I might try to email Hornady and inquire which they would suggest.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1&itemsperpage=24&newcategorydimensionid=9937
 
I considered using the 250 gr. GMX factory loading in my .375 Ruger on a recent safari for plains game and lion, but decided against it because of so-so accuracy in my Ruger Hawkeye African rifle.
Thank goodness for handloading, and a world of bullets available! My handloads of 250 gr. Barnes TTSX bullets at 2880 fps MV worked wonderfully on all game, from plains game at near-300 yd. ranges to lion at very close range. Expansion is rapid and reliable. Wouldn't hesitate to use this bullet in any .375, for any African game except Buffalo, Hippo and Elephant. For these animals, 300 gr. Barnes solids and TSX bullets would get the nod.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,643
Members
169,388
Latest member
Redds2Antib
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top