Browning X-bolt

As said the stock shape/fit and material play a big part in felt recoil. My Rem700 in 375H&H is 2 pound lighter than thy CZ550 in same cal. I still have the Rem but not the CZ. The felt recoil from the CZ was far harder than that of the Rem Mind you the Rem has a shitty plastic stock that absorbs alot of the recoil energy and is just as accurate as the CZ.

If you short stroke a CRF you still end up with a nothing to shoot with. Short stroking a CRF can and has in some case resulted in a double feed (very rare and it takes several things to go wrong at the same time). Nothing man makes is fool proof. Best way to over come short stroking is to practice and always pull the bolt back hard and let the bolt stop stop it.

What ever rifle you get practice with it often and hard.
Good point on the CRF. I bought a CZ a couple of months ago. Never having a CRF action before, I tried to load a single cartridge into the chamber, but the bolt wouldn’t close. I guess one has to chamber a round from the magazine. Not being critical, just different than my Browning push feed?
 
Are you sure of your facts? The X-bolt Safari Grade shows a weight of 7 3/4 pounds in .375 on the Browning website.
I might be wrong, but I believe the .375 and .338 x bolts are 6.75 lbs., same as my .338 a bolt? Mine has a walnut stock, but I believe the weight is the same for walnut or composite?
 
The X-bolt Safari that weighed 7 3/4 pounds is on their discontinued list.

The X-bolt Medallion Open Sights is listed at 7 pounds.

The X-bolt Stainless Stalker Open Sights has also been continued in .375. It showed a weight of 6 pounds 13 oz.
 
Good point on the CRF. I bought a CZ a couple of months ago. Never having a CRF action before, I tried to load a single cartridge into the chamber, but the bolt wouldn’t close. I guess one has to chamber a round from the magazine. Not being critical, just different than my Browning push feed?
You can load a single cartridge into the chamber. All you have to do is open up the extractor on the CRF . Have a competent gunsmith file the bolt face a little so that it can slip over the rim of the cartridge but if your gunsmith screws up , you've got a destroyed gun :(
 
Oops I meant to say that the X-bolt Stainless Stalker Open Sights has also been DIScontinued in .375. It showed a weight of 6 pounds 13 oz.
 
You can load a single cartridge into the chamber. All you have to do is open up the extractor on the CRF . Have a competent gunsmith file the bolt face a little so that it can slip over the rim of the cartridge but if your gunsmith screws up , you've got a destroyed gun :(
Yeah, I guess I wouldn’t try that. Just have to get use to loading from the magazine. No BIG issue really.
 
Oops I meant to say that the X-bolt Stainless Stalker Open Sights has also been DIScontinued in .375. It showed a weight of 6 pounds 13 oz.
Discontinued! Say it ain’t so! I’ve always wanted one. Guess I’ll have to sell a couple of guns and find/buy one?
 
Yeah, I guess I wouldn’t try that. Just have to get use to loading from the magazine. No BIG issue really.

Some CRF you can squeeze the center of the extractor into the bolt and this will allow it to slip of the case base. Some you can not do this on. Have not tried it with the CZ.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top