BRNO Mauser Info

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
632
Reaction score
1,822
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Media
35
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
Hunted
South Africa/Greater Kruger/Klaserie/Umbabat, USA, Canada,Greenland
I need some help from the Mauser experts here. I picked up this 1939 vintage BRNO recently and the barrel is stamped 8.2x57. What I’m reading online is that 8.2x57 is the same as 8x57 JS. Is this true? Can I shoot 8x57JS in this rifle? Any other thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Please see the pictures below.
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0241.jpeg
 
8.2 mm is .323 inches. Should be the standard 8 x 57, not the pre-World War II. 318. So yes, standard 8 x 57 ammo should be correct.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,019
Members
169,220
Latest member
KristineH3
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top