Brand New: Iron Will Wide Solid Broadhead Test

Come on guys, you can't give this guy a LIKE?
Thanks for the video!

I like the use of tool steel for durability. I wonder how difficult it is to sharpen though :unsure:.

What foc was used?

I think this would penetrate like a .416 if it was sitting on some grizzly sticks with a brass insert.

Thanks for the video!

Last edited:
I like the use of tool steel for durability. I wonder how difficult it is to sharpen though :unsure:.

What foc was used?

I think this would penetrate like a .416 if it was sitting on some grizzly sticks with a brass insert.

Thanks for the video!
This is A2 steel...it is very hard and very resistant to impact, but not too difficult to sharpen. I really like the sharpeners made by StaySharpGuide. They keep the perfect bevel. I have 20% FOC with a 125 gr head and this was a 150, so it would be a bit greater than that.

This is A2 steel...it is very hard and very resistant to impact, but not too difficult to sharpen. I really like the sharpeners made by StaySharpGuide. They keep the perfect bevel. I have 20% FOC with a 125 gr head and this was a 150, so it would be a bit greater than that.

@Bowhuntr64 ive tried hundreds of dollars of sharpeners and realized I’m terrible with them. Like giving a dremel to a do-it-yourself gunsmith. What I found was a great four sided leather strop bat with jewelers rouge in three different grit was the ticket. Follow the angle and things get razor sharp. Razor sharp. It does take longer in front of the TV or with it wedged in a vise, but it is so easy a chimp can use one. I think it was $30.

this is what i use to sharpen broadheads. I might remove a burr with a diamond stone first, but I get to the strop ASAP to avoid ruining a bevel.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.32 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.34 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.36 AM.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 8.38.41 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
I purchased some of these Iron Will single bevel broadheads in mid-February. Was told they would ship by end of March. Then by the end of April. Then by mid-May. Now end of May. I did receive the six, 200 gr field points, they cost $20.

While waiting for the Iron Will broadheads, I ordered three single bevel broadheads from VPA and received them in a week. I also got six, 200 gr field points for $5.

My archery elk hunt is in Sept of 2023. Hopefully I will have the Iron Will broadheads in time to compare with the VPA broadheads.

I purchased some of these Iron Will single bevel broadheads in mid-February. Was told they would ship by end of March. Then by the end of April. Then by mid-May. Now end of May. I did receive the six, 200 gr field points, they cost $20.

While waiting for the Iron Will broadheads, I ordered three single bevel broadheads from VPA and received them in a week. I also got six, 200 gr field points for $5.

My archery elk hunt is in Sept of 2023. Hopefully I will have the Iron Will broadheads in time to compare with the VPA broadheads.

Same. I spoke with Iron Will several times. They turned off their pre-order system on their website. I advised them that this is very, very bad business. They said they couldn't keep track of orders due so they just left money on the street. (me, I would have said 6 month back order and put every name in a spreadsheet....ALWAYS take people's money with the right expectations set)

But anyway, they said I need to check back every day as they were going to open up ordering on 5/17. I went back on that date and now it says you might be able to order on 5/31.

I can say this, if Iron Will does not take $1000 from me on 5/31 they are "dead to me" as Kevin O'Leary would say. I will buy VPAs that I believe are good but slightly inferior on that date and moving forward. If you're not capable of tracking customer demand and taking in revenue, you're not a company, you're an idea. I would have mortgaged my home to get an IT kid to make me a backorder system and MRP system of some sort as a business owner before I would push away tens of thousands of dollars of revenue. Instead, they will manufacture and have excess inventory hoping a customer buys after they declined to take everybody's money? Does not compute. F- grade in business school.

A shame too, because I think their product looks like the finest broadhead ever made for my purposes. I'm eager to spend a grand with them.

I ordered some 450 grain arrows (no broadhead) from GrizzlyStix. Their website is great and easy for customizing all the variables for an arrow. After submitting the online order, I received an email from GrizzlyStix saying since I was a first time customer, they'd like to talk on the phone about my order, just to be certain I was getting the correct spine, length, etc. I was very impressed with this. I received my order in one week. GrizzlyStix has a single bevel broadhead, very similar to the VPA. I might try them out.

https://www.grizzlystik.com/alaskan-200-broadhead-3-pack

1621450429696.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 2.02.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 2.02.08 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 84
Grizzly Stix Samurai 150gr broadhead when shot into impala soft tissue and Cartilidge once using a 39lb low energy bow by a ten year old.

911824C4-8C76-45E6-BE0C-AFFA2102298F.jpeg
CDA8CF80-82F3-4F28-9128-EDEC5A3E0688.jpeg
D95BAD2B-4FAB-4521-8E4F-E24C9AAA245A.jpeg
CD264904-CC14-4B93-901B-2F9DDB8A4366.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Viewing the 4 photos, it looks like the point had quite a bit damage, or should I say non-optimal response to the impala interaction. Based on this, are you not a fan of all GrizzlyStix broadheads in general or just this model?

Viewing the 4 photos, it looks like the point had quite a bit damage, or should I say non-optimal response to the impala interaction. Based on this, are you not a fan of all GrizzlyStix broadheads in general or just this model?

Not a fan of the metallurgy. The granulation where the tip broke showed the heat treatment and type of steel was poor.

John Lusk Outdoor Adventures is a common poster on this website with his very thorough video reviews of broadheads. He told me he didn't have favorable results on the Grizzle broadheads but I have not watched the videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg