Bitterroot Bullets

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
Prepping for my September trip to TZ, I came across a box of loads for my 7mm RM. I must have assembled these loads in the 1970s - they are WW brass, CCI250 primers, H870 powder, and 160 grain Bitterroot Bonded Core bullets. They are in perfect condition. I remember waiting for some time to get these bullets from Bill Steigers in Idaho.

I am considering reloading them with my current RL22 recipe and taking them to TZ with me. I expect that they will do as well as the Swift AFs I am taking and it would be fun to use them on PG there. Anybpdy use them on PG... I have only used them on elk here in NA.

If they held together for elk, they will do fine for PG in Africa. If they did not retain their weight don't use them.

They are the fore runner of the Jack Carter line of Trophy Bonded.Used a couple of 375s on elk and Bill Steigerknew what he was doing
That was the late 80s.

I used a 160 gr. BBC to take an elk with my 7x64 September 2021. Worked perfectly for a neck shot at about 250M. Broke the vertebra and exited. But then, most any bullet works for neck shots. It is my only experience with them on game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg