Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
So I have been trying to figure out the CDC application for permit to import or transport etiological agents, hosts or vectors of human disease. There is a link to a page for guidance for individuals wishing to import a sport hunted trophy but it seems that page has been removed from their website. Does anybody who has brought a baboon home to the USA have any experience with this?

I used coppersmith, had a warthog in the shipment, no baboon. I was told that with a primate or swine, the crate goes direct to the tannery where the hides are tanned and skulls are bleached to certify nothing living...
The folks at Coppersmith were very friendly, I'd call them Monday

I never imported a baboon, but I read this on Swift Dip's web site (http://www.swiftdip.co.za/index.php/shipping):

All Swine require shipment will have to go to a USDA Approved Establishment for further processing – this product will be Packed separately.

All Non-Human Primates require same as above and will have to be inspected by a USDA Approved Establishment. Some Taxidermy’s in the US is a USDA Approved Establishment. This taxidermist may inspect Swine and Non-Human Primates.

(If only a bleached primate skull is being sent no CDC Permit is required and will be given unrestricted entry by CBP/AS) (Dip and Pack)

I never imported a baboon, but I read this on Swift Dip's web site (http://www.swiftdip.co.za/index.php/shipping):

All Swine require shipment will have to go to a USDA Approved Establishment for further processing – this product will be Packed separately.

All Non-Human Primates require same as above and will have to be inspected by a USDA Approved Establishment. Some Taxidermy’s in the US is a USDA Approved Establishment. This taxidermist may inspect Swine and Non-Human Primates.

(If only a bleached primate skull is being sent no CDC Permit is required and will be given unrestricted entry by CBP/AS) (Dip and Pack)
[/QUOTE
Excellent! My taxidermist is an USDA approved establishment already AND The taxidermist in SA is going to bleach it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg