Any other Cheese lovers here?

I like cheese. The plain stuff for sandwiches and others along side some salami, Mettwurst or other Charcuterie (another hobby)
Mostly eating Australian cheese but Jarlesburg and Parmagianno Reggianno are imported and available everywhere.
Soft varieties like Brie and Camembert are popular here. I try most just some I don’t buy again.
If you are in Australia the King Island brand of cheese are all good. Apparently it is because of the milk quality on this island between here and Tasmania.
Can’t wait to visit some European countries with old traditions cheeses and Salumi.

The hard Gouda cheeses from Amsterdam are very good

Yes please, the stinkier the better. My current favourite is raclette.
Cheese should take you to a place where many dare go. A proper stinking delight.

496B60AC-B058-49EA-B4AD-3B3A02D495AB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much enjoy cheese. Particularly enjoy Mimolette. Haven’t had it in forever.

If you are in Australia the King Island brand of cheese are all good.
Yes.

Visited King Island last year on the DC-3 that flies down from Melbourne - great trip - visted the cheese works there and did some sampling - all were great.

Plenty of cheese consumed at our place ... most of it accompanied with a good quince paste.

Been getting into a bit of this lately - from close to where I grew up.

MV.jpg

Last edited:
LOL Yes. I grew up in and around cheeseland and many roads featured the name Creamery, etc. (2 fam dairy farms as well.) I love it, but my Dr. told me to break up with it!!! Too many varieties to list. My uncle (lifelong dairy farmer that consumed milk, cheese, ice cream, cottage cheese, et. al. day in/out had a heart attack at age 40 and had to cut way back.) I followed (cutting back) 15 yrs later. Euro neighbors from Switzerland/Germany/Holland (including nearby Amish/Mennonites) didn't help at all lol...It's really good, but not so good for you. There are some infamous cheeses that have always been made from 2% or skim milk, and those are OK. Saturated Fat and LDLs are NOT our friends. That said, Enjoy! My university and dr. said eat harder, lighter colored cheeses in moderation. When you feel you need more cheese, go hunting instead....lol :p *My Dad (died of coronary issues ;) adored those really weird, port wine and spicy Limburger varieties...."It's the Soft (and often fake) ones that will kill you!" **I've also done extensive testing of red wines and have come to the conclusion that it does very little to reduce/prevent cholesterol deposits unless you consume it at the precise time you're ingesting the rather unhealthy cheeses. It's been proven (France, et. al.) to work in this manner. The Greeks (much better diet, stronger alcohols) and Italians (low-fat cheeses featured) have emerged victorious in this realm. My 2 yrs younger neighbor (also from similar farming family) and lifelong friend had aortic stents installed (due to 95% blockage)...but he was very smart about it. He scheduled the procedure 1 week prior to the 2 week deer season (and his Dr. prescribed 2 weeks off from work thereafter.) :p Cottage cheese in moderation seems a happy medium. Also lowfat milk Italian cheeses. Alpine lace was comical (lets put a bunch of holes in it to reduce fat via reducing the amount of cheese!) Gouda is bad (soft) and I'm sure my fam's ultimate breakfast staple (Phil. Cream Cheese) is the absolute worst for you. I know you're talking fine cheeses, but choose wisely and enjoy. I LOVE seeing huge wheels for sale! Some of the NY/VT sharps are very good, as are many Euro varieties!!! All that said, my Dr. said absolutely nothing bad about real Mortadella. ;) Many of the local dairies sell diff variety cheese curds in little snack bags-i often take them out hunting or for snacks while helping relatives at their farms...Delicious!

Last edited:
That is very Stinky cheese.
LOL decades ago I took a GF into a cheese shop to show her the finished products from a fam farm. She was NOT impressed....she exclaimed something like "This place stinks like HELL" and immediately went back outside. :p She wasn't a keeper, apparently.

Stilton when I can find it!

Total cheesaholic here. Favorites include:
West Country Smoked English Red Cheddar (my No. 1 favorite)
Leicester Red
Lancashire
Gruyere
Parmesan
Buffalo Milk Mozzarella
Swiss
Philadelphia Cream
Camembert
Halloumi
Grano Padano
Bengali Cottage
Feta
Gorgonzola
Bleu De Gex
Cambozola
Shropshire Blue
Roquefort

For some reason, I never did like Stilton. A bit too strong for me.

It’s pretty narrow minded of me to say this, but I personally find English cheeses to be generally superior to American cheeses (while finding American USDA prime beef to be generally superior to British beef).

That said, American aged Wisconsin Cheddar & Tilamook Cheddar are excellent eating and are rapidly becoming new favorites of mine.
HH, with a list like that, I do believe cheesaholic is a fitting description!! Agree on Tillamook, extra sharp white cheddar is amazing stuff.

+1 for raclette we’ve done two Christmas seasons in a row in Europe. Raclette was regularly eaten at the different Christmas markets.

As a Minnesotan, we too have dairy, and proximity to Wisconsin. Fresh cheese curds that squeak on your teeth when eaten are delicious.

My wife is a vegetarian. I’m a hunter. We meet in the middle, which happens to be cheese. It works well for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidjourn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.