action for 375 rum

JamieD

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
153
Reaction score
5
Media
8
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
I am looking to build a 375 RUM. I would like it to be on a push feed action, as that is what I am most accustom to using. I would like it to hold 4 or 5 rounds. I want it to be very accurate as it will be used for everything from duiker to buf in Africa and long rang elk in the States.

I like the Remington action but I built one using a used action last year and had some accuracy issues (I would rather spend more on the rifle in the first place then on a thousand rounds of ammo to figure out how to get it to shoot).

Has anyone done a project like this or have any ideas?
 
Take a look at Stiller actions at Stillers Precision Firearms. I really like these and they are accurate! Best of all is they go in place of a Remington and triggers etc are drop ins. You would be looking at their tac 300 action for your build and with a good smith and proper components this will produce .5 moa all day with alot of rifles doing better! I personally shoot some of these and like them very much. Just my opinion and one option as there are alot of good actions out there. If you have questions feel free to ask I'll answer what I can.
 
A custom action for a round that long is going to be steep.better to buya rem 700 one pull the barrel accurize the action tune the trigger and work up a load
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,400
Messages
1,575,071
Members
170,221
Latest member
WoodrowCof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top