About to go pick up newest dangerous game rifle

It’s all a man needs for any game on earth. Here it is!

The most perfectly designed cartridge of all time, the .45-70.

Sorry for the stir, I’m not a .45-70 fanboy :p

IMG_2496.jpeg
IMG_2500.jpeg
IMG_2499.jpeg

Beautiful rifles. I have one just like it.

'....Mister you ever seen what a 45-70 can do to a man at this range.....' Danny Glover, scene from Silverado.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it to the range this week.

IMG_20230427_124422.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I want to change my sights to like yours.

I am going to look around later today to see if I might have one then PM you.

You can try Remington - Marlin, Winchester, The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium, Log Cabin Shop, Dixie Gun Works, to name a few, and ask some of the gunsmiths here on the forum.

What state are you in? Find a local reenactment or rendezvous near you and you should be able to find the right full buckhorn site for your rifle.

I am going to look around later today to see if I might have one then PM you.

You can try Remington - Marlin, Winchester, The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium, Log Cabin Shop, Dixie Gun Works, to name a few, and ask some of the gunsmiths here on the forum.

What state are you in? Find a local reenactment or rendezvous near you and you should be able to find the right full buckhorn site for your rifle.
In Australia but will be in Oklahoma in October.

Did a quick internet search. Try these Australian companies:

Pedersoli Australia,
Gunworld Australia,
Northern Shooters Supplies, Brownells Australia,
Clever Firearms,
Range Point Precision,

45-70, awesome caliber, great rifle. Loaded with super hard cast bullet in a modern action to maximum velocity with a 400gr slug,......maybe not ideal for everything in africa but pretty sure it would get the job done.

375 Ruger is what ive been eyeing myself.. imagine a modernized 375 H&H

Kind of the same reason.. i dont have one lol.

And there used to be a Safari match here in AZ where you use your rifle to compete.. i hope they do it again some day.

there is a pretty cool 375 ruger hawkeye on GI right now that just reduced its price, someone should buy it, it s a screaming deal, Lieca scope, HS stock,.....and no its not me listing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaida88net

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.