AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club & Professional Hunters Association of South Africa
Everything was set... Mother Nature put on her best dress for the occasion. On the red Kalahari sand dune at Thuru, the sun setting in the back ground, the flat, endless horizon filled with color shadings ranging from intense orange to light blue, white and grey clouds breaking the horizon occasionally.

Birds chattering in the background and the scents of wild sage drifting through the air... There and then Kelly dropped onto one knee, and asked Shelby to Marry him... And the answer was yes!

IMG-20180708-WA0030.jpg

The entire Wintershoek Safaris team would like to congratulate Kelly and Shelby on their engagement, and we wish them all the best for the future.

Activities for the Non-hunter...
Being a non-hunter certainly does not mean sitting in camp all day waiting for the hunters to come out of the "veld". Here are a couple of things to do:

In and around the camp
A game drive is certainly the most popular activity. You will get the ideal opportunity to view the different African Species while being guided by a qualified field guide. If you find a game drive a little boring and feel the need for more adrenaline pumping through your veins then Quad Biking is the answer for you. You will be able to view Springbuck, Wildebeest, Impala, Gemsbuck, Kudu, Waterbuck and much more from your bike... and who knows, maybe it is your lucky day and you spot a herd of Buffalo or Rhino. Be careful now... do not get to close.

Painted Oryx (6).jpg

If you decide to travel a little, you can get the unique opportunity to visit the Wild Hearts Rehab Centre for an experience of a lifetime. Here you can get up close and personal with sick, injured and orphaned animals as well as their caretakers. After meeting all the animals at Wild Hearts Rehab Centre, you can visit African San Taxidermy. If you are a keen golfer, a round at Sishen Golf Course, one of the best courses in South Africa, and also one of the most challenging, is the perfect call. The course is a mere 30 minute drive from camp.

Rehab.jpg

Back at camp, after a day full of excitement, awaits a sundowner where you and the hunters get back together to enjoy a couple of drinks and snacks. You have not experienced a sunset as beautiful as an African Sunset.
Finally, you and your family and friends will be treated to a Bush Dinner. This is a truly special experience. You will enjoy a 3-course candlelit dinner in the Kalahari Bush under a blanket of nature's stars.

Wintershoek sun set..jpg
P1020111.JPG
SELECTED OLD THURU IMAGES (18).JPG
THURU LODGE 2018 (27).JPG
THURU LODGE 2018 (19).JPG

If you want to arrange a separate trip, one of the best places in South Africa to go to is Cape Town. The things to do and places to see in Cape Town are endless! From Table Mountain, Robben Island, the Waterfront, all the Wine Routes, museums and much more.
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is also a good choice. The Victoria Falls is one of the most spectacular natural wonders of the world. The Local people call it "Mosi-oa-Tunya". The smoke that thunders and the Falls are remarkable.
The things to do and places to see for the non-Hunters are endless. You might only get one opportunity to be in Africa, so try to do as much as possible.

ZOOMINK-2427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrvingHail

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross