9.3x62 Optics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 53080
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 53080

Suggestions/preferences for scope pairing with 9.3x62 cartridge? Any opinions welcome and appreciated. Thanks!
 
I currently have a 2.5x10 Vortex Razor on the rifle I took on my 2018 safari. I was planning on some night hunts for small predators so I was looking for VERY good light gathering capabilities. I harvested several animals with that rifle smallest being a klipspringer and the largest a waterbuck and several small cats. My longest shot was just over 200. The scope gives a nice low power for use in the thick cover and enough power for a very accurrate shot placement out to 350.

I just purchased a Ruger African 9.3x62 and am experimenting with a RitonX7 1x8 but have only shot it on one range session (Before the covid19 messed up everyone’s schedules) so I haven't really tested the rifle/scope out enough to give an informed opinion.

You didn't give any parameters on what style hunting you plan on doing with it, if you can lay out that it will help the other members to help you tailor your options better. Like I want to hunt DG/plains game in thick cover with 100 being a long shot (1x4-8 or a red dot) White tails on a food plot (3x9 2.5-10) Elk, moose bear out to 250. You have a great cartridge to work with have fun with selecting the glass to meet your needs.
 
Thanks everyone. My plan is for a plains game hunt in the next couple of years with whitetail/hogs until then. Given the caliber and the terrain/cover here at home 250 would be a very long shot. Probably more like 150 or 100 yds or much less. Also I’m not really geared towards longer shots.
 
I have a Leupold VX6 1-6x on mine. I find 6x more than adequate at any reasonable distance on big game.
 
Chose the best you can afford. I only use Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender.
 
I have a 3-9x40 on mine. Compact , decent eye relief and a reasonably small objective to keep the scope low and my cheekweld good. 9x is as a much as I think I need for the effective range of the 9.3. I guess if I got lucky enough to have a go at a buff I might think about a 1-6.
 
On mine, there is a 1,5-6x42 S&B and it's fine up to 250m (y)
 
I use a Trijicon Accupower 2.5-10X56 Illuminated. If you have not looked through a Trijicon do yourself a favor, the glass is on par with the Germans. For the money they are one of the best values in scopes/
 
I’ve got 1-5x24 for driven game. Only hunted 4 days so far with it but I’m quite certain I’d be better off with 2-10x50. Will see what happens with it.
 
I am using a Leupold 2x2x44 Firedot illuminated. It's not coming off.
 
I took a 9.3x62 to Africa during 2018 with a Leupold VXR 1.25 x 4 x 20 mm scope. It has the firedot. My PH asked me to adjust it to about 2.5 power and leave it there. I did cheat once and turn it up on a twilight wildebeest at about 200 yards for a frontal shot but it stayed at 2.5 power the entire week and worked just fine. I will never take that scope off that rifle ever because you can find targets quickly in brush. Hoping to get another for my .375 ...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,140
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top