9.3x57

I thought I'd bump this thread up and post some pics of my 9.3x57. I've had the rifle since the late 2000s but I can't remember the exact year at the moment. After my trip to South Africa back in 2005, where I used my Remington Model 700 Classic in 8x57JS and my CZ 550 American in 9.3x62, I thought it would be fun to play around with a 9.3x57. All these years later, however, and the rifle has just been languishing in my gun closet and I've never fired it. D'oh! Well, maybe one of these days... I think it would be fun to use for hunting feral piggies here in Texas.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers! Bob F. :)


Husqvarna Model 46 in 9.3x57 (manufactured in 1930 according to the seller)
The stock was stripped of its finish, dents were raised, oil damaged wood was repaired, and the stock received a new hand-rubbed oil finish. Action was converted to cock on opening with a Dayton Traister speed lock kit which includes a Mark II trigger, custom striker spring, and cocking piece. Precise Metalsmithing (Wisner) two-position safety was installed. The action was glass bedded. The work was performed by my friend Todd Johnson (deceased) of Lone Star Armory in Pearland, Texas.


View attachment 712504

View attachment 712505

View attachment 712506

View attachment 712507

View attachment 712508

View attachment 712509

View attachment 712510

View attachment 712511


View attachment 712512

Some links:

9.3x57 Mauser
link: https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/9.3x57+Mauser.html

9.3×57 Mauser
link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9.3×57mm_Mauser

Norma Oryx 9,3 x 57 232gr
link: https://www.norma-ammunition.com/en...orma-oryx/norma-oryx-93-x-57-232gr---20193092

Reloading data for 9,3x57 (Norma)
link: https://www.norma-ammunition.com/en-gb/reloading-data/9-3x57
286 Vulkan and similar soft ones are good also

I have seen data in Swedish magazine for 320 grain Woodleigh to mimic .333 Jeffery , if anyone have the VT copy I hope they can post it .

Very good bear and boar cartridge also .

Blaser made a series of R 93 barrels in 9,3 x57 . Most sold to Scandinavia and Germany .

I saw one for sale last year , but by then I had sold my r93 so no chance to buy the barrel .
 
My 1940 Husqvarna 146...."tropicalized"

DSCF3155.JPG
 
Last edited:
Attached is an article about the 9.3x57 that I thought might be of interest. It's not the best scan to pdf but it's readable.

Cheers! Bob F. :)


Forgotten_93x57_Dieter_Sturm.jpg
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,790
Members
170,390
Latest member
DYOHenriet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top