6.5x55mm for Plains Game?

The right answer is .30-06 with 180gr bullets.
But why do things always have to be so dull, reliable and boring?

Bring your favorite deer rifle over .257 caliber and load it with heavy for caliber bullets and you will be fine right up to Kudu.

Even in this piece referenced above the focus is on explosive killing that I don't see being as being that important in SECURING a kill. Chasing that explosive kill eventually ends up in wounded game running away with a mince meat shoulder. Maybe the game is tougher and you don't see as many animals fall right there on the spot so I accept that and would rather go for reliable penetration. As long as the bullet deforms I would rather have a bullet exit and offer reliability through shoulders to get to vitals. For my purposes it damages less meat this way as well.

Goose Cracker, I am with you 100 % on your last post. I used a 35 Whelen with 225 Gr. Barnes TSX to take the larger Plains Game and a cull Eland cow. I took my large Eland bull with a 404 Jeffery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!