Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
Finally got around to working up a good load for 525 gr Beartooth Bullets Piledrivers for my 45-70.

41 gr of RL-7 got me an average of 1628 fps, with +/- 9, and this group.
525grBTB.jpg

Nice shooting Tex!

Going to Alaska next August/September. It's likely I'll end up letting my buddy borrow my 45-70 and I'll be using my 9.3x62.

It's looking like Holy Cross, on the Yukon River, is going to be our spot. I'm expecting inland grizzlies to be a good possibility. I've also got a great load for BTB 425 gr. He needs to get behind my rifle to decide if he can handle the 525s. Honestly, the recoil wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting out of my little Marlin 1895 GBL.

From here on out, I'm shooting the 45-70 and the 9.3 off of sticks. Now that I KNOW my ammo will do the trick with the 405 gr practice rounds and the 425 and 525 hunting bullets, any problems off of sticks will be related to a loose nut on the trigger.

Hell of a Group

Is ASC fully back in business after Harvey?

All indications are the BTB Piledriver and PD Jr are awesome boolits.

My experience with them is limited to the range, but I’d love to whack something big with either one!

Is ASC fully back in business after Harvey?

All indications are the BTB Piledriver and PD Jr are awesome boolits.

My experience with them is limited to the range, but I’d love to whack something big with either one!

I actually wasn't there today. I usually buy big lots of targets when I go there. I was up at the private shooting club between Magnolia and Texas RenFest.

Last time I was at ASC was probably 6 weeks ago. They're still operating the office out of that trailer. I don't mind the trailer, but I do mind the port-a-johns.

Let me know next time you go to ASC. Would be good to meet you.

Actually, I haven’t been to ASC in years, since joining PSC in Pearland.

Longer drive, but worth it!

Actually, I haven’t been to ASC in years, since joining PSC in Pearland.

Longer drive, but worth it!

I think PSC's days are numbered. Pearland is growing, and there's sure to be lots of lead in the ground there. The nice thing about the club in Magnolia is that most of the time, there isn't anyone else at the rifle lanes (they have a tactical range on a different part of the property, which is why most guys join the place). It's only 100 yards, but it's nice and relaxed getting the chrony set up.

I think if I join a club with long lanes, it'll be the one up in Navasota. Not cheap, but I meet the requirements to join, and there's no wait list.

I think PSC's days are numbered.

PSC just spent about $100k adding more pistol bays...so if what you say is true, someone didn't do their homework!

Time will tell.

PSC just spent about $100k adding more pistol bays...so if what you say is true, someone didn't do their homework!

Time will tell.

I hope like heck I'm dead wrong on this. Unfortunately, this will ultimately be a political issue (assuming democrats start making headway). They're so irrational, there's no predicting what they might do.

I hope like heck I'm dead wrong on this. Unfortunately, this will ultimately be a political issue (assuming democrats start making headway). They're so irrational, there's no predicting what they might do.

Just one of many reasons I hope democrats become an endangered species!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you