.500ex HPs

rigbymauser

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 26, 2020
Messages
524
Reaction score
1,395
Media
92
My favorite doublerifle is not an expensive rifle, but merely a plain gun by Cogswell & Harrison in .500ex 3". I casted some 340grain HPs here the other day and I look foreward to make up regulating loads. Casting HPs are time comsuming. Many were discarted as the large HP pin cool faster during the casting process and the molted lead doesn`t fill up complete. After an hour I had established a steady workflow.
The guy who made the bullet is Steve Brooks.
The loaded round in the box is gaschecked 370grain SWC
EkFhGhnh.jpg
hmS04MZh.jpg
xwlCQIOh.jpg


The above target with that grouping is good enuff for deer and pigs at 100 paces. V0=1600 ft/sec.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,864
Members
169,862
Latest member
proftiosasi1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top