375 ruger brass

steve71

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
55
Reaction score
113
Media
5
I have an African trip planned. I am taking my 375 ruger for Buffalo. As everyone knows, I can't find brass to load.
I am thinking of trying to form some from 300PRC brass. My question is: will I have trouble taking ammo into South Africa if the head stamp doesn't match the rifle caliber even if they will chamber in the rifle?
 
I bet you will !
Do as I do and buy some hornday practice rounds in 270 gr rpsp or cx 250
To reload
 
GB has some auctions for 375 Ruger brass, several for new brass. Personally, I'd buy 3 boxes of Hornady ammo for about $67/box and practice with it and then you'd have once fired, fire formed brass to your rifle. Check Ammoseek for the best deals.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,643
Members
169,388
Latest member
Redds2Antib
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top