Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Dittos on the use of Nosler Custom loads using the 250 Gr. Partition AND the use of 225 Nosler Accubonds. Both are devastating on game. I would not bother using a 180 Gr. bullet in the Whelen. That caliber made its' "bones" with 250 Gr bullets. My research showed that the 225 Gr. bullets hit a little harder than the 250s if there is a little distance involved. Someone mentioned using Hornady's 200 Gr. Superformance. That load does an awesome job on deer and hogs. Unfortunately it beats the he** out of your shoulder. I hand load, for our African safari last year I used 225 Gr Barnes TSX. All but a couple of the animals taken with our Whlens from Warthog to Eland were one shot kills. Mostly DRTs and or short "dead" runs i.e. 50 yds. or less.
@Shootist43
Have you tried any of this 250grain Speer hotcore loads yet as listed by Speer
Bob

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
I have had great luck with Federal premium 225gr TBBC and 200gr Remington Core Lokt. Both shoot great out of my 700 classic. I haven't tried any other brand/load so I can only recommend the above mentioned. Both accurate and Both work great on game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanteIbarr

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards