.338 Win Mag

^^^^ I have to agree about bullet placement. I used a 338Win mag but my daughter used a 257Roberts with 120gr Swift A-Frame bullets and took large and smaller PG all with one shot out to an actual 410 yards.
She put the bullet exactly where the PH told her and all one shot no chase kills.
 
Also works very well on buff. Just use a heavy tough bullet eg 275gr Swift A frame. Broadside shots will generally ho clean through

I am sure it will work on buff, but it´s illegal.
 
^^^^ I have to agree about bullet placement. I used a 338Win mag but my daughter used a 257Roberts with 120gr Swift A-Frame bullets and took large and smaller PG all with one shot out to an actual 410 yards.
She put the bullet exactly where the PH told her and all one shot no chase kills.
@Divernhunter
Just goes to show how useless the 338 wimpchester is.
Why is it the fairer sex can kill game with a humble 257 Roberts when daddy needs a magnum
Nought wrong with a good 25 in the right hands
Bob
 
Is a .338 win mag over kill for plains game I would be using barnes 225 grain TSX I've been told by the booking consultant it is over kill and I don't need any thing that big. But I shoot it great and the whitetails I shoot with it are just as dead.
Tom
@Waterguy631
If you shoot it well there ain't no such thing as to dead. Just pick the right bullet, put it in the right spot and have fun.
I took a 35 Whelen ( even more power than the 338) and everything I shot was one and done.
My son took a 308 and everything died he shot
As long as you are happy and use it well that's what matters.
Bob
 
I took mine on both trips and everything I shot died on the spot. I took Steenbock to Eland. If you like it and shoot it well take it. I used Fed215 primer, 71grs of IMR4350 and a 225gr Swift A-frame.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,753
Members
169,152
Latest member
annukana
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top