308 Reamer

The cost of a solid pilot finishing reamer and Go gauge plus shipping are
PTG = AU$343
Brownells - Clymer = AU$354
Manson = AU$416

I am now inclined to go with Brownells - Clymer. I assume Grumpy you are saying Clymer ar OK?
@BlueFlyer
At those prices it would be cheaper to have someone ream it for you. Try MAB in Brisbane or Meroo gunsmithing in Rylestone NSW.
You could have it threaded and chambered for less than the cost of the reamer
Bob
 
You could have it threaded and chambered for less than the cost of the reamer
Bob
Hi Bob
Thanks for the thoughts. All under control, another member on this site from the NT sent me a couple of chambered barrels that came out of donor rifles for other projects. They are perfectly suitable for this "truck gun" project.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,122
Members
169,115
Latest member
perstivjoper1981
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top