280 AI and VV N560 loads?

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I have eight lbs. of VV N560 and a brand new LH M70 Classic that Aaron Little just delivered. Wouls appreciate any load data the the cartridge/powder combination.

Thanks!

Do Vitahouri have data on their site?

I use an Aussie powder but it's a great round.

I have eight lbs. of VV N560 and a brand new LH M70 Classic that Aaron Little just delivered. Wouls appreciate any load data the the cartridge/powder combination.

Thanks!
Please, let us know which bullets are you going to use.

My DATA
Kimber Classic Select 280AI 24”, Hornady brass
175gr Sierra Gameking 59.5gr N560 2903fps
160gr Nosler Accubond 62gr N560 3025fps
*I do not see signs of pressure at these load densities, but every chamber is different. Start low & work your way up.
VHT N560 is a fantastic slow-burning powder I use across a wide range of cartridges.

Please, let us know which bullets are you going to use.
A couple of different bullets/weights:

160 Grain Swift A Frame
150 Grain Nosler Partition
140 Grain Nosler Accubonds and Ballistic Tips

These, of course, are for different applications.

My DATA
Kimber Classic Select 280AI 24”, Hornady brass
175gr Sierra Gameking 59.5gr N560 2903fps
160gr Nosler Accubond 62gr N560 3025fps
*I do not see signs of pressure at these load densities, but every chamber is different. Start low & work your way up.
VHT N560 is a fantastic slow-burning powder I use across a wide range of cartridges.
Many thanks. You seem to have squeezed a lot of performance out of this Cartridge. I have powders on hand ranging from A5744 to H870. But I like the VV powders. N560 is a fairly course-grained pwoder... have any trouble metering?

Many thanks. You seem to have squeezed a lot of performance out of this Cartridge. I have powders on hand ranging from A5744 to H870. But I like the VV powders. N560 is a fairly course-grained pwoder... have any trouble metering?
I’ve been very pleased with all of VV’s 500 series powders.
It meters good out of my RCBS chargemaster.

I plan on using it in my 280AI, 7mm RM, and 308 Norma Mag. If I get the results I am hoping for, I may have to retire my 7mm RM... there is a fair weight difference between the 280AI (7/13) and my 7mm RM (near 9 lbs.). My 280 AI is a M70 Classic with 24" Krieger barrel, walnut stock.

I also use N150 in my 404J, 375 H&H, and in my 30-'06. Very consistent results in all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you