264 Winchester Brass

85lc

AH senior member
Reaction score
264 Win Brass - 18 new (factory loaded – will break down for shipping) and 25 once fired $65

Unfortunately the 264 Win did not receive the amount of favorable press reviews as did the 7mm Remington. Then "arm chair" gun writers wrote such things as the 264 Win burns out barrels very quickly.

The interesting thing is that the 7mm Rem is really the 264 Win slightly necked up.

The 264 Win is a great caliber. If could be introduced as the 6.5x64 and the rifle have an 8 1/2" twist. Maybe people would love that new cartridge which, in reality, would not do anything different from the 264W that 99.8% of the hunters could notice. The 0.2% that would are those that shoot at 800+ yds

Unfortunately the 264 Win did not receive the amount of favorable press reviews as did the 7mm Remington. Then "arm chair" gun writers wrote such things as the 264 Win burns out barrels very quickly.

The interesting thing is that the 7mm Rem is really the 264 Win slightly necked up.

The 264 Win is a great caliber. If could be introduced as the 6.5x64 and the rifle have an 8 1/2" twist. Maybe people would love that new cartridge which, in reality, would not do anything different from the 264W that 99.8% of the hunters could notice. The 0.2% that would are those that shoot at 800+ yds
I’ll have to put up a picture of the one I had LeRoy Barry make off a Dakota action

Please do!
I’ll gladly share, love the rifle. Canyon creek customs out of Conner, MT. lilja barrel. LeRoy was an awesome guy and built me a shooter. He’s got some awesome big bore builds too. Pass it on and give him busines!

IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0530.jpeg
IMG_0531.jpeg
IMG_0534.jpeg
IMG_0533.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful rifle and a crazy good shooter LES7! So awesome!!!
The 264 WinMag is my favorite cartridge! Those who have not used it don’t really understand its capabilities!
I have a Winchester Super Grade in 264 that is probably the last rifle I’d let go…
As to Canyon Creek and LeRoy Berry, I have four of his rifles and have more coming lol

Attachments

• 6 Classic Rifle Cartridges that Should Be More Popular | Field & Stream.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
LES7, that is a beautiful and most importantly, accurate rifle. A 575 yd group that many people woild be happy with at 200 yds.
You may need this brass.

LES7, that is a beautiful and most importantly, accurate rifle. A 575 yd group that many people woild be happy with at 200 yds.
You may need this brass.
thanks and thats with my MPBR setting. I’ve shot the 264’s for 40 years. I have more brass than I know what to do with. I just wanted to help on the sale of this post on a very underrated caliber…… especially since i take this new 6.5 thing personally. the best one has already been made!

Thanks, Writers are a fickle bunch and, have "pulled the rug out from under" a number of top cartridges including the fine 264 Winchester with unfoundered commenst and hearsay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GildaHarkn

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….