Recent content by Keelebilly

  1. K

    First elk

    Awesome first elk. And I don’t think you should shoot your father
  2. K

    Composite Rifle Stocks

    Manners stocks are great. They have a folding stick that is pretty nice too
  3. K

    Any suggestions as to how old this bull is

    It’d be very interested to hear Kevin Robertson’s opinion. I’ve used the incisors to age thousands of cattle, but never a Cape buffalo. Cattle have adult incisors erupt in pairs starting with the center teeth at 2,3,4,and 5 years of age and the five year incisors are fully in by six years...
  4. K

    Edward’s recoil reducer

    Does anyone have an Edward’s recoil reducer that they’d like to part with?
  5. K

    Hydrostatic shock does not help kill animals

    I visited the historic Argo Gold mine in Colorado a couple of years ago. Tour guides take you thru the old mining equipment. According to the guides, the concussive forces of the heavy pistons used to crush the ore would incapacitate and kill a human if they were within a certain distance...
  6. K

    Leupold stands out again !

    I dropped a pair of 15x56 out of my 18 feet out of my deer stand last fall. It broke off one of the ocular objectives. Sent them in with a description of what happened just to see what they’d do. They sent me a free pair and even covered the shipping. They have definitely earned my future...
  7. K

    Practicing with a small bore

    I think I misspoke about my intentions in the original post. I enjoy shooting my 458 and would plan to continue shooting it. I currently shoot 4-5 rounds of 458 TBBC daily off sticks at 100 yards. I’m usually getting a 2-3 inch group. I would like to shoot more, but the expense limits...
  8. K

    Practicing with a small bore

    My thought would be to shoot the 458 in addition to the 30-06 every range session. My question is would I benefit from shooting a rifle that is basically the same as my 458 except a smaller caliber as opposed to just practicing basic fundamentals off of sticks with my 22 or 7.62x39. I...
  9. K

    Practicing with a small bore

    I’ve bought my first large bore rifle, a Belgian browning 458 win mag. I love shooting it and practice several times a week off of viper flex sticks. My problem is I don’t reload and I’m going to go bankrupt shooting factory loads. I was considering buying a Belgian browning 30-06 to...
  10. K

    Have you found bullets get softer as they age?

    You can get a pill for that now days
  11. K

    From TN!

    Welcome from Manchester,TN
  12. K

    Tennesseans Gun Range Advice

    I’m in Manchester. You’re welcome to come shoot at my place
  13. K

    Barrel twist rates

    What is the best twist rate for heavy for caliber bullets in medium and large bore calibers? From what I’ve seen, most dangerous game rifles have a 1 in 12 up to 1 in 16 inch twist rate. Wouldn’t a faster rate help stabilize a heavier bullet better?
  14. K

    Trader Keith

    I ordered swivels, a sling, and a culling belt last week and they arrived yesterday
 
Top