Recent content by HookMeUpII

  1. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    It may have gotten worse since you were there. I can't speak to their endangered species status but I tend to agree with you. The last I read, CA wanted to SPEND money to HIRE mountain lion control-agents/trappers vs SELLING tags and MAKING MONEY by selling them to hunters. It's just...
  2. HookMeUpII

    Permethrin Application

    Which concentrates don't have the petroleum? I go through a ton of this stuff. Would love to just mix up a batch. Sawyer gets pricey.
  3. HookMeUpII

    What is the best race?

    I am a fan of Monaco and then Baku.
  4. HookMeUpII

    Bear Rug Cost/Taxidermist

    Let's put it this way, if I had known he was there (5 min from my office), I'd have done dip and pack from RSA in 2023 instead of letting the outfitter do it. Wish I knew. For the extra $500-$600 it is probably worth his level of quality and detail.
  5. HookMeUpII

    Permethrin Application

    I can't say anymore than this. Agree completely. I live in NJ which is tick central. I believe we have the highest lyme's disease numbers in the country. Sawyer is all you need. Don't soak in the permethrin concentrate stuff. It's got a horrible oil smell. It's not the same as sawyer. Haven't...
  6. HookMeUpII

    Finance Thread - Ideas to save money

    I work in finance and the discretionary spending is what gets most people. What's worse is discretionary debt, especially in this rate environment.
  7. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    Nothing to see here either
  8. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    Yeah nothing to see here.
  9. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    I think they're all dangerous, that's the bottom line. One thing people forget is the Central American lions don't live in the terrain that we associate them with here. They live in the mountains there but also the lowland jungles and savannas. Changes their behavior a bit. The same could be...
  10. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    For sure. Agree completely. Very densely populated country and probably why there is issues. I have a buddy who moved to Santa Cruz, CA. He sent me a video the other day of a lion roaming the streets of San Francisco. CA is going to "FAFO" really soon with their garbage management program for...
  11. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    The leopard maulings you normally hear of are a wounded cat. Jaguar seem to be confined to the far remote places in the jungles and lowlands. The one that seems to have a bad attitude is the Indian leopards. There are more than a few videos of mountain lions stalking hunters. One of them, the...
  12. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    Yes I am. I can try and find the specific piece from the archaeologist who was asking the natives. The particular tribe he spoke to regarded them as more bad-tempered. Maybe it's because the jaguar are more nocturnal? I am not sure. I've been in jaguar and leopard country. Ironically, never...
  13. HookMeUpII

    111Kg Leopard killed in Zimbabwe?

    They are far more of a risk than leopards, jaguars, and other similar big cats. The natives in Central America regard the jaguar as not too big a risk. They ask them about "puma" and they are terrified. Them folding with a well placed shot is just a consolation really. I am still not convinced...
  14. HookMeUpII

    Black Mamba

    Saw a puff adder in RSA (which is another thing to watch out for) but no mambas. One of the guys in our group did and they said it was terrifying. 6' long and slithered away, thankfully, at a speed you can't even imagine. Combine that with the fact that they can stand, and move, on only like 50%...
  15. HookMeUpII

    Politics

    That's all great, and I am happy but: https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/interior-advances-revisions-oil-and-gas-leasing-and-waste-prevention-rules-support And we still have $6.60 diesel. So where are we really going here?
 
Top