There’s lots of good places to go for unfenced hunting but depends on your budget. I think a great bargain is Coutada 9 in Mozambique for unfenced plains game. About $600 per day plus trophy fees. Either the Duckworth’s or Rosenfell’s are great operators there.
I’ll look into them! Thanks for the tip!

I would advise that you need to really prioritize what animal you want to hunt the most. Whether that is a kudu, buffalo, lion, hippo, sable, etc…. Then look at where that animal is endemic and start planning from there. Whatever you do, don’t put a hunt off too far out in the future. You never know when an opportunity that is available today will be lost or gone in the future.

A personal example for me was I always wanted to hunt a sheep of some sort. Based on my budget I decided on a Dall sheep in NWT. I was fortunate enough to make that hunt happen in 2021. Based on the way the price of that hunt has increased in just 3 years since then I more than likely wouldn’t be able to afford to do it now. I’m so glad I didn’t that hunt when I did, I’ll always have that experience. None of us are promised tomorrow so do what you can when you can. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

After a November 2023 Tanzanian safari, I’m taking 2024 off and doing some family tourist trips to Europe. February 2025, I will be in Cameroon for LDE, roan, buffalo, etc…. In June 2025, I will be in SA with a sponsor here on AH, Game Trackers Africa, for darted rhino and indigenous plains game. In 2026, back to Botswana for my son’s leopard and I might hunt a management bull elephant. April of 2027 to finish my spiral horn slam in Ethiopia for a mountain nyala.

I don’t know about the same spot, but I would definitely use the same PH if my previous experience was good. Once I find someone I like, I don’t see any reason to risk changing for someone else, plus you build history together. I’d see if the PH had a gun and was willing to travel!

I don’t know about the same spot, but I would definitely use the same PH if my previous experience was good. Once I find someone I like, I don’t see any reason to risk changing for someone else, plus you build history together. I’d see if the PH had a gun and was willing to travel!
Africa is a big place. Would you use a Texas whitetail guide to hunt elk in Colorado or an elk guide from Colorado to hunt dall sheep in Yukon? Maybe different areas in the same country but I think a hunter is losing out on a lot of local experience using one PH for all their hunting. Even if they have experience in other countries doing 1 or 2 hunts a year doesn’t compare to a full season there if you are paying full rate for your hunt.

Africa is a big place. Would you use a Texas whitetail guide to hunt elk in Colorado or an elk guide from Colorado to hunt dall sheep in Yukon? Maybe different areas in the same country but I think a hunter is losing out on a lot of local experience using one PH for all their hunting. Even if they have experience in other countries doing 1 or 2 hunts a year doesn’t compare to a full season there if you are paying full rate for your hunt.
Point well made and well taken sir.

Good day mr @csmcclain it all comes down to experience, and making sure that you get the best possible Dangerous Game hunting experience you can.
And again location, we get quota in open areas in Southern Africa in the Lowveld these areas are magnificent and some of the best Dangerous Game hunting destinations in South Africa.

I think there is any other Outfits that will give you a great experience and great areas so keep your options open and weigh up what will fit you the best.
If you would like to talk about hunting open area Buffalo in South Africa, please let me know and I’ll send you a message.

Kind regards
Derian Koekemoer
www.dksafaris.co.za
+27 60 369 6320

So I’m a giant planner when it comes to the big picture of hunts down the road. I have a 2024 trip booked to Limpopo for plains game and a 2025 trip to Free State for a mix of trophy and cull plains game, predators, and bird hunting. I would like to start looking at buffalo and dangerous game after that (maybe ‘27 or ‘28). My thoughts are to book the buff for a 30th birthday present to myself, then explore other animal options after that.

If you were in my shoes, are you going back to the outfits that you’ve already been to (assuming I like them), or are you looking for a completely new destination for a new adventure? If new, where?

Thanks!
If you're considering venturing into the truly wild destinations of Africa, I highly recommend Niassa in Northern Mozambique. The Niassa Special Reserve is an extraordinary wilderness offering a top-class hunting experience, and it's currently very competitively priced, which will certainly migrate nearer to Tanzania prices in the near future. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like more information.

@csmcclain South Africa offer some fantastic Buffalo Hunting in the Limpopo Province! If you're looking at a free range hunt I'll look at Zimbabwe.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you want more info, or just chat about hunting DG

Cheers
Dieter

Zimbabwe is really good for any dangerous game hunts
Save valley and many others offer great hunting

Hallo there, please send us an email to info@leopardlegend.com to discuss 2027
hunting for buff and any other game interested.
We would like to give you a quote.

Keep in touch
L'wyk
Owner and Big Game PH.

So I’m a giant planner when it comes to the big picture of hunts down the road. I have a 2024 trip booked to Limpopo for plains game and a 2025 trip to Free State for a mix of trophy and cull plains game, predators, and bird hunting. I would like to start looking at buffalo and dangerous game after that (maybe ‘27 or ‘28). My thoughts are to book the buff for a 30th birthday present to myself, then explore other animal options after that.

If you were in my shoes, are you going back to the outfits that you’ve already been to (assuming I like them), or are you looking for a completely new destination for a new adventure? If new, where?

Thanks!
For something different hunt with @ZANA BOTES SAFARI in the Caprivi.

Thanks!
Good day - I will send you a direct message, we can certainly assist with buffalo and dangerous game!

Regards, Colleen

After a November 2023 Tanzanian safari, I’m taking 2024 off and doing some family tourist trips to Europe. February 2025, I will be in Cameroon for LDE, roan, buffalo, etc…. In June 2025, I will be in SA with a sponsor here on AH, Game Trackers Africa, for darted rhino and indigenous plains game. In 2026, back to Botswana for my son’s leopard and I might hunt a management bull elephant. April of 2027 to finish my spiral horn slam in Ethiopia for a mountain nyala.
Hi Scott

Hope all is well. We are looking forward entertaining you in SA in 2025.

csmcclai; hope all is well. We do offer free range Cape buffalo Safaris in Tanzania. Please contact us
at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com for more information.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anoll6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani