SA PH's and Outitters- How does the game breeding affect your hunting business?

Bottom line, have your own land and shoot your own animals as far as possible available.

The game breeding business is one of the best things that has ever hit South Africa. I am in the Outfitting and Breeding industries, and I absolutely bank roll because of the breeding of animals. Currently breeding of animals is also more profitable than Trophy Hunting - however all my surplus are available for hunting.

Good for you Loodt,

Keep in mind it is easier said than done. Not all farmers has the second or third generation or what the case may be of farmers on the same farm...this is a hell of a big expense if buying your farm and start from scratch now a days that 100 years back...

I think sad part is that it takes land away from guys trying to do the right thing with the land and not go for the quick buck. It's going to hurt outfitters and lets face it, I ain't rich so it's going to effect how much money I can spend on hunting if there is less land to hunt on...I know most people who will say tough sh#t, but this is good for no one but a few. And if these freak animals start breeding with the others, the whole gene pool might get messed up down the road.

:unsure:ok so now i want to know what is chicken fried steak??????:D

One of the best meals known to man.... Texas comfort food.... Reminds of of growing up and my Grandmother....

It is basically just tenderized cube steak, that has been breaded and deep fried, then served covered in gravy. the gravy is usually white, but some use a dark gravy. It will also have LOTS of pepper.

mouth watering right now....

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/chicken-fried-steak-0

:E Hmmm:sounds interesting, so why the chicken bit?

Because it is fried in the manner we do chicken, thus, Chicken Fried Steak. :)
My Grandfather used to love to cook both elk and venison in the same manner. In fact, my last meal on earth would be my Grandfather's "elk fried steak" with rice and gravy, if only I could have it.

Man, this thread has been more informational than Bossie ever could have imagined! LOL

Reality is those superior sized animals can be obtained with Sound management and very little human intervention on a large property, we do not need to do it in small camps.

Ph/outfitters must learn to understand population dynamics and to properly age various game species, this will improve the quality of game by harvesting appropriately aged animals.

Been done and being done.

My best always

Spike when u in Vegas?

I thought it was steak that's trying to be chicken..... Now I'm confused again

Yea I really stepped in it:A Shit: when I got tied in with all you Southerners. :S Oops:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but there I was with in Dallas with Nancy and Royal graciously offering to drive to the AH dinner but we have to stop off for drinks first.:D Cheers: So we are sitting with @Buff-Buster and his wife and daughter and the HartzView crew is there as well... They are all talking about Texas and Southwest food and carrying on about that damned Yankee food like I'm not even there! :A Wave Sad:Going all on about their "chicken fried steak" and how anywhere North :E Cold:of the Mason Dixon line it just is not the same. Then in comes @sierraone so one of these Texicans:P Cowboy: comments that well now at least I'm not on my own anymore amoungst Texans... Yea right, he's from Florida! What good is that doing me?! That's kind of like a Texan without a hat o_O

Needless to say I had to drink my bud light :D Beer Bottle:quietly and after about ten minutes they all quieted down a bit so I finally got the chance to ask the question burning in my mind..... :E Hmmm:

"What the hell is chicken fried steak and is it chicken or is it steak?":confused:

.... Needless to say it was good to finally get to dinner and sit beside a very large Afrikaner and talk some common sense elephant hunting:W Sharp Shooter:... And to eat some regular steak!:E Ok:
Trying not to hijack this again but I can't help it. Was at the Houston Safari Club Convention this past weekend (pictures to follow) and I just saw this thread. Between Bob's and Royal's comments I just spit my coffee out laughing so hard. You need to make a trip down to Houston Bob. I'll fry you up some chicken fried backstrap that will make you " slap yo momma"....lol

Yes the bubble will burst just like the Emu, Ostrich and Boar goats in the US many years ago. I remember some of the guys I worked with paying huge prices for breeding pairs of emu's and before you knew it people were just turning them loose to keep from paying the feed bill.

Loodt all I am saying and I will say it tomorrow and the day after.
If it wasn't for hunters national and international game farmers would not have been where they are today.

It might be a good market for you now but what are breeders going to do when the market collapse??
Offer the animals to the hunters they refused to help just because they had a better market at the time???

Yes Bossie, right on...and who's going to shoot an animal that does not get recognised by RW or SCI in anyways. It's the biggest pyramid scheme in history with not even the top guys being able to tell you what the end goal is.

arrive mon 2nd supposed to land 6.30pm but with the crap weather predicted for uk i am sure there will be a delay somewhere!!!! pm or email me your usa cell no as i lost last years one, cheers

Spike! 740 645 5372

Give me a shout I'll be in Vegas Saturday evening...

My best

................. I'm welcome to continue hunting their properties but I had to pay auction prices for animals harvested... Interestingly enough; some of these very same landowners contacted me a year later and begged me to start hunting their properties again...

I hope you let them stew in it for another year and negotiated a nice healthy discount for being a PIA.

Nothing but short sighted GREED.

Bossie, I think you are going to see some drastic swings and losses of properties as farmers believe they can join the breeders and become rich over night.

... and like Chris said, when they realize they can not just drop off loads of Springbok to cash in on the boom, they will be back. Remind them of their greed in the negotiation.

You guys are going to have to search out the sane farmers who do not have crazy google eyes. :A Whacky::E Shocked:

Jaco, I feel for the short sided aspects and its effect on the ecosystem.

All those RSA farmers need to come to Canada and visit all the guys who have retired off of Ostrich and Bison and Elk farms. :ROFLMAO:

All buying in while they hear prices from auctions as the other farmers "buy in" on the game. Then Pop..... someone is left holding the bag as the last one standing.

People still seem to be eating beef here and have not switched over to Ostrich! :rolleyes:

What's the next fad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you