New

Welcome to AH

Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
@Beethoven
Welcome aboard mate. If the biggest thing you have hunted is rabbit then that 500Jeff is going to light your eyes up when you touch it off.
Bob

Giday Beethoven and welcome to the A H forums. That is quite a jump from rabbit rifle the the 500 Jeff.
Yeah, he'll need to use solids in the Jeff for the rabbits. Barnes banded, CEBs or Woodleighs probably would be in order?

Welcome aboard Beethoven. From hunting nothing but rabbit to a 500 Jeffery is quite a jump. I'd like to hear the story / background behind your purchasing it. As Brickburn stated, you should probably get a smaller caliber rifle to gain shooting proficiency, I'd suggest something like a 9.3 x 62 in addition to the 22 LR that you mentioned. When are you planning to retire?

Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
Awesome!! never to late to fulfill a dream. Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here!
My very best always.
Jaco Strauss

Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions...

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeFranke

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.