New

Welcome to AH

Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
@Beethoven
Welcome aboard mate. If the biggest thing you have hunted is rabbit then that 500Jeff is going to light your eyes up when you touch it off.
Bob

Giday Beethoven and welcome to the A H forums. That is quite a jump from rabbit rifle the the 500 Jeff.
Yeah, he'll need to use solids in the Jeff for the rabbits. Barnes banded, CEBs or Woodleighs probably would be in order?

Welcome aboard Beethoven. From hunting nothing but rabbit to a 500 Jeffery is quite a jump. I'd like to hear the story / background behind your purchasing it. As Brickburn stated, you should probably get a smaller caliber rifle to gain shooting proficiency, I'd suggest something like a 9.3 x 62 in addition to the 22 LR that you mentioned. When are you planning to retire?

Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
Awesome!! never to late to fulfill a dream. Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here!
My very best always.
Jaco Strauss

Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions...

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you