FallowJaeger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
SCI
Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.

PM sent.

Malan Lambrecht was our PH last year on a PG hunt in Namibia. He was an absolute class act. Just about everything he put us on were gold medal trophies. His outfit is Arub Safaris.

I'm hunting with Dzombo Hunting Safaris in Namibia in a few months. All my conversations with them have been great. I will report back on how our trip goes.

We are not in Namibia but very close to the south eastern border.
So basically the same terrain and vegetation and the same feeling of wide open spaces you get in Namibia.
We are owner operated and have large properties that we own.
We book one group at a time so you get personal attention.
Most of our ranches are free range.
All the species you mentioned are on our ranches.
Pick up and drop off point is Johannesburg so no extra connecting flights needed.
If you pick Namibia it is also a wonderful country and lots of good outfitters there.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I can highly recommend Kowas Adventure Safaris. A fantastic family run operation and top shelf hunting and service.

Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.
Hi! I will send you a direct message - Ndumo Safaris can certainly offer you what you are looking for. Regards, Colleen

I can highly recommend Kowas Adventure Safaris. A fantastic family run operation and top shelf hunting and service.
Kowas certainly runs a top-notch operation. However they tend to be booked well in advance, so you should contact them forthwith if they interest you.

Many good options mentioned above.

Hi! I will send you a direct message - Ndumo Safaris can certainly offer you what you are looking for. Regards, Colleen
Thank you so much, I have written you back. I look forward to learning more.

We are not in Namibia but very close to the south eastern border.
So basically the same terrain and vegetation and the same feeling of wide open spaces you get in Namibia.
We are owner operated and have large properties that we own.
We book one group at a time so you get personal attention.
Most of our ranches are free range.
All the species you mentioned are on our ranches.
Pick up and drop off point is Johannesburg so no extra connecting flights needed.
If you pick Namibia it is also a wonderful country and lots of good outfitters there.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Dear Hans,

Thank you, I would love to know more about your operation. The Northern Cape looks amazing.

Malan Lambrecht was our PH last year on a PG hunt in Namibia. He was an absolute class act. Just about everything he put us on were gold medal trophies. His outfit is Arub Safaris.
Thank you so much, I'll reach out to Arub Safaris.

I'm hunting with Dzombo Hunting Safaris in Namibia in a few months. All my conversations with them have been great. I will report back on how our trip goes.
That is great, I look forward to hearing about your experience. Good luck and have fun.

@FallowJaeger Your problem, as you have already surmised, is that you will have too many good choices. Follow your instincts......a smaller operation, where your PH is an owner, is my recommendation for your first hunt. Every operator has strengths......when you have winnowed it down to just a few, ask them pointedly what they feel is the best aspect of the hunt they offer, and see how well it matches your dream. Planning and choosing is a big part of the total experience......do it yourself.....don't use an agent..........and it will be great......FWB

Just returned from my second Leopard hunt with Eintracht Jagd Safaris owned by PH Pieter Delport. All that you are asking for can be yours when taken in by Pieter and his team.

Sounds great. Do you have contact information? Do they do plains games hunts?

@FallowJaeger Your problem, as you have already surmised, is that you will have too many good choices. Follow your instincts......a smaller operation, where your PH is an owner, is my recommendation for your first hunt. Every operator has strengths......when you have winnowed it down to just a few, ask them pointedly what they feel is the best aspect of the hunt they offer, and see how well it matches your dream. Planning and choosing is a big part of the total experience......do it yourself.....don't use an agent..........and it will be great......FWB
Thank you so much. It’s overwhelming, there are just so many choices and it’s like what and how do I do this? I’ve never been and don’t know anyone who has been. Thank you again for the tips.

There are scores of good options. I can recommend ARU, Frontier, and Schalk Pienaar Safaris for hunting Namibia. Compare these three on the type and price of Safari you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynSch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?