Hunting With Paw Print Safaris in 2016

Look forward to hearing all about your successful hunt Charlie!

Wheels my friend we will discuss over a fine breakfast!

Seams there are several of us with spotted fever this year.
Best of luck. Hope you get a fantastic hunt and a great leopard!
JTT

I have the spotted fever now also, but cant pursue it till 2017/2018, but certainly looking forward to an opportunity. Best of luck to you guys this year!!

@CAustin , all the best for your leopard. I think 2 of the most important things on a leopard hunt is baiting in the right spots and if the leopard hits a bait, make sure that fresh bait is put up continually. 2nd the position of the blind is vital, wind direction, where the leopard usually approaches the bait from. I am sure people Pieter and the Zim gents are old boys at this and will know perfectly. I am not sure 416 is the perfect gun on a leopard, I would rather opt for a 375hh, accuracy is what is really going to count on leopard, but that's for each to decide. Last point, limit the stuff you take into the blind, you don't want stuff around to make a noise. Pee bottle is vital, but this is stuff the ph's will know.

Simon thank you for the tips. This is exactly what I am hoping to understand from this who have hunted SPOTS.
You say once the cat has been on the bait refresh it! How many days should the bait be in place prior to hunting an area?

K-man be sure to take great notes for your hunt report!

@CAustin , they will know to keep adding meat to the baits, don't remove old ones. Charlie we start a month before hand, but that's because of the size of our area. We will at the beginning have at least 10 baits in different areas, but when we have chosen the best leopard, we take down all the other baits and focus on one.

Interesting! I will ask Pieter how far in advance we will start baiting! By the way I have the bottle already! Ha!

Charlie, you got to remember every PH has his way of doing things on leopard, areas are different, leopards act differently.

Airline ticket purchased. Check.
Spots hunt will be latter part of July.

Reactions: BWH
And the countdown officially begins!! :A Thumbs Up:

142 a Days to Departure!

But who's counting?

Maybe you could take that pesky Rhino off Pieter's hands if that's the final piece of the big 5 while you're there!

62 days till wheels up for me!!!

Aaron I would be happy to do that but not at that price!

Reedy I wish I was going in 62 days! But it seems like just yesterday you were at 90 days!

I'm lagging you both at 152! Looks like I'm in the group after Charlie

We are all chomping at the bit!!!

Count them Aaron because they are going fast! We all look forward to your hunt report. Take lots of pictures.

Your under 5 days Aaron, that lay awake at night no sleep kinda stuff!

Best of luck to all of you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.