Hunting With Paw Print Safaris in 2016

Today is 66 days to departure! Sat down and did my paperwork for the Temporary Firearm License last night. I've got all the documents ready and filled out. Just need to wait until I'm in front of the SAPS officer to sign the 520!
AH Member Art Lambert and I went to the range last Saturday and sighted in my new scope on the 300 Win Mag. I mounted a Leupold VX R 4x12x40 with the illuminated reticule! The Guide Gun was still dead on from the last hunt. Art cut the bullseye with it! So I just need a little tuning up with the 300. I have a custom dial coming for it.

image.jpg

From left to right Ruger Guide Gun 416, Ruger #1 in 300 Win Mag and Arts Ruger #1 in 30-06. Look out Africa!

Exciting times Charlie! Wish I was going back in 66 days!!

Reedy you and I need to talk! I've got yo hear all about your hunt!

Congrats @CAustin. Home stretch now! We're off to South Africa in just 42 days!! Doesn't even feel real... I'll start to believe its really happening once my feet hit the ground.

Rinehart buckle up! The ride is going to be here faster than you think and then you will be there!

Yeah it will go fast Rinehart! Enjoy the countdown, we will be counting down with you

7 days after you Charlie! Get that spotted cat early and join us at Flintbeck!

That is the idea Lee. Nothing like cooking a steak there over the open fire.
In fact we need to send word to Thomas that Ribe Eye needs to be on the menu

image.jpg

Bush TV at Flintbeck Lodge!
image.jpg

But first Pieter has to get me on a Tom Leopard in Zimbabwe!

I want to try some different game meat each night. We can give Bill C some of our animals as he'll probably struggle with shooting again :)

Yep! When he gets there with that pink shirt it might scare off the critters!

Yep! When he gets there with that pink shirt it might scare off the critters!

You better hope not pieter is wearing his when your on your cat hunt. I got a great picture of the hunter in camp last night who was proud to wear a pink shirt he bought just for the trip. Hoping he post it in his hunt report.

You better hope not pieter is wearing his when your on your cat hunt. I got a great picture of the hunter in camp last night who was proud to wear a pink shirt he bought just for the trip. Hoping he post it in his hunt report.

Now Bill don't try deflecting to just pink shirts! We are all concerned with your shooting. Have you been to the range lately? Get down there and practice some! Maybe you could have someone put a giraffe cut out on a rope and pulley system that would simulate a chase! You know so you can stand your ground and all while they pull that thing towards you real fast!
HA!:E Excited:

Well just for you guys asking about my shooting. Took the guys out to the range to get some shooting in and so they could see what shooting off sticks is like. Did out to 200yds today. These are from my remington 700 300 win mag

0515161656.jpg

Is that target equipped with pink lines?

Not bad shooting even if it was from the bench at 25 yards :)

And he seems really good at covering up the ones that aren't in the bullseye. That will help with making one shot kills. Just plug the other holes. ;)

Right about now I think Pieter should be chaining my leopard to a tree somewhere with a nice bait there for him to snack on!
We used advice last year from several fine AH members and used peanuts for bait on the elephant. Don't know how they kept him under that tree for so long but I'm banking on the same karma for spots. I guess he really like the peanuts!
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.