Hunting With Paw Print Safaris in 2016

Plain or salted peanuts?

And he seems really good at covering up the ones that aren't in the bullseye. That will help with making one shot kills. Just plug the other holes. ;)

Royal you would be happy with the holes I covered up. LOL ;)

As for Lee m after this trip he will be crying when his nyala is in second place.

But after taking the 2 of the other 3 guys to the range who did great for there first time off of sticks. I do know this is going to be one fun hunt with this crew. The 5 of us are going to have a very fun hunt even with lee with us. Hoping charlie has time after he gets his cat to join us as flintbeck.

Going back to the range next week again so they all get some time of the sticks and planning on 4 or 5 more trips till we leave on july 26th.

Same hope here bill. Question, is Thomas going to put up a couple of tents for all of us to sleep in?

Last edited:
Same hope here bill. Question, is Thomas going yo put up a couple of tents for all of us to sleep in?

They added rooms over the last few month. Plus there is the other lodge right down the road if needed.I think it is 5 chalets now so all will workout one way or another.

Great I didn't know they had added room! Good news!

Yes Charlie and Bill, when I was there last week they had finished putting the thatched roofs on the 2 new chalets

Where were the new buildings in relation to the existing roundavols?

just to the left of the existing buildings behind the outdoor bar

Right about now I think Pieter should be chaining my leopard to a tree somewhere with a nice bait there for him to snack on!
We used advice last year from several fine AH members and used peanuts for bait on the elephant. Don't know how they kept him under that tree for so long but I'm banking on the same karma for spots. I guess he really like the peanuts!
View attachment 151297
Charlie were you still laughing when you hit the post icon?

image.jpg

Post number 5000 by yours truly is most appropriate given that I am 45 days from departure to Zimbabwe and hunting spots. I have worked a lot on my Leopard whispering skills and I think I have mastered the technique. Still need a couple more trips to the range! Suitcase and pack contents are already assembled in the guest bedroom. All the paperwork for rifle permits has been filled out! Pieter posted the above to his Facebook page last week just to pull my chain so I'm posting here to set high expectations for him.
Pieter the one in the bottom left corner is what I'm looking for! 180 pounds or so would make me very happy! Purr Purr!

Will at least you picked the right one off the picture.

Took the last guy of my group to the range today He did very well off the sticks for his first time. Not sure how many animals will be left when you and Pieter get back from the cat hunt.

The countdown is on Charlie!! Exciting times!

Charlie,
5 thousand posts in 3 years, you have been busy! I'm at 79 days so I will be looking forward to your report to help keep me occupied while I wait out my final few days!

Charlie,
5 thousand posts in 3 years, you have been busy! I'm at 79 days so I will be looking forward to your report to help keep me occupied while I wait out my final few days!

Albert right about now I start packing and unpacking! You could start that a little early! Range reports after a day of shooting will ease the pain!

Will at least you picked the right one off the picture.

Took the last guy of my group to the range today He did very well off the sticks for his first time. Not sure how many animals will be left when you and Pieter get back from the cat hunt.

Bill you forget! If Pieter is as good on spots as he was on my elephant we will be back in South Africa the 23 or 24th and look out game around Rustenberg!

Rustenburg is closed until July 27th :). I have heard that people who smell like a cat are also not allowed to hunt for 7 days from the kill. An old African tradition that all PH's follow. :A Banana:

I was thinking if you get a cat early you and Pieter should go see the falls for a few days. Enjoy zim smile the buff chips and relax we will use up all the salt at flintbeck

After reading about your last hunting trip with paw print, I'm looking forward to reading about your next hunting trip with paw print!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrmaTobias

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.