Hunting With Paw Print Safaris in 2016

142 days, more than enough time to buy a new rifle and scope.

Good Luck Charlie, wish I was going with you.

Good luck Charlie! 68 day's to my one day safari! LOL

Charlie,

Do you have a lighted recital in you VX-6? If not I would recommend a scope change, having spent many hours hunting hogs in the dark a lighted recital is a must. A wounded hog is on thing but a wounded Leopard would really up the pucker factor. If you can use an external light source I have the perfect tool for you.

I would say one day hunting is better than no days hunting!
Absolutely.... Guess I am gonna need to hit and run.....One can do same damage in one day with a little luck!:ROFLMAO:

Absolutely one day of hunting is better than none! Johnny best of luck!

Thanks my friend

Charlie,

Do you have a lighted recital in you VX-6? If not I would recommend a scope change, having spent many hours hunting hogs in the dark a lighted recital is a must. A wounded hog is on thing but a wounded Leopard would really up the pucker factor. If you can use an external light source I have the perfect tool for you.
A good scope is a must. I bought a Trijicon for my hunt. I would highly recommend this scope.

Art mine is not illuminated what is your suggestion

Good luck Charlie. Sounds like an awesome hunt with Pieter.

Charlie,

I like the the Leupold Firedot recital in the VX-R or the VX-6. The VX-R in a 3-9 runs $499 and the VX-6 in 2-12 runs $1,199. They both come in different recital types, my favorite is the Duplex but you may like something different. The Trijicon 3-9 with the Crosshair Dot would be another fine choice, it sells for around $872. I have a lighted triangles on my crossbow and they work great but after so many years of competitive shooting I prefer a dot. The Leupolds use a battery, so that may be a concern but they have an automatic shut off to conserve battery life. So their you have it the Chevy, Buick and Cadillac of the lighted recital world. If you plan on using your 416 Ruger (man that's a big gun for a 150lb cat) you my want to research if heavier recoil effects the Firedot, I assume because every DG rifle you see on "Track Across Africa" has a Trijicon scope mounted to it they don't have any issues with recoil but you know what they say about assume.

Let me know when your heading to the range or Cabela's, I can always use more practice or more hunting gear.

Trijicon all the way Charlie..work great in low light

:P Elmer Fudd:
Guys we are now at 90 days out! I am actively working on my Leopard Whispering Techniques! You know here Kitty Kitty and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring some catnip, a rubber mouse and a ball of yarn

Bring some catnip, a rubber mouse and a ball of yarn

Probably can't get those items in Zim so I would have to pack.

Good luck Charlie.

Charlie. See what happens when you plant cat nip! Have Pieter plant it this week and you will be golden come the end of July.
image.jpeg

I can't wait to read these Leopard reports! I am 99% sure Leopard is next on the list for me. Some of these deals on here really got me thinking and the fever has started to set in.

Charlie, where did you get the embroidery done on that sweatshirt or jacket? What a novel idea!!

Art
Had it done at a shop here in Overland Park called Embroidery Me! Wife found them. They have patterns on file but others can be downloaded from the net!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!