Hello, just joined

Welcome to AH. Lots of good info here. Feel free to ask questions or share your hunting experiences.

Reactions: Vic
Welcome Vic to the AH forum!
Where are you from?
So, what have you taken?
Who did you go with?
What rifle/caliber did you use?
How about a report on your hunts?
Nag, nag, nag...just the kind of old man I am! Still glad to have you!

Welcome to AH

Giday Vic and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome Vic to the AH forum!
Where are you from?
So, what have you taken?
Who did you go with?
What rifle/caliber did you use?
How about a report on your hunts?
Nag, nag, nag...just the kind of old man I am! Still glad to have you!
I’m from Johnstown, Pa.
Most recently (03/19) I went to SA and hunted with Marius from KMG Safaris. He actually has photos posted of us on the hunt. I took a Cape Buffalo with a .375 H&H, a Hippo with a .375 H&H, and a spotted hyena with a 300 Win Mag. It was an absolutely awesome hunt!

I hunted in Namibia twice in 2007. I hunted with Hannes from Bergzicht. Between the two hunts I took a warthog, zebra, blue wildebeest, hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, Blesbok, giraffe, greater kudu, and most importantly a leopard. I used a 270 Weatherby on all animals except the giraffe which I used a 375 H&H My experience with Hannes and Bergzicht was amazing.

I have been spoiled with my hunting experiences to Africa.

That sounds awesome Vic! It sounds like luck has been on your side at least for leopard!
Oh yes, my wife is originally from Apollo. I think it’s not too far from Johnstown, PA.

Welcome to AH Vic. We’d like to hear about your hunts and your taste in rifles.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Vic. We’d like to hear about your hunts and your taste in rifles.[/

I’m from Johnstown, Pa.
Most recently (03/19) I went to SA and hunted with Marius from KMG Safaris. He actually has photos posted of us on the hunt. I took a Cape Buffalo with a .375 H&H, a Hippo with a .375 H&H, and a spotted hyena with a 300 Win Mag. It was an absolutely awesome hunt!

I hunted in Namibia twice in 2007. I hunted with Hannes from Bergzicht. Between the two hunts I took a warthog, zebra, blue wildebeest, hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, Blesbok, giraffe, greater kudu, and most importantly a leopard. I used a 270 Weatherby on all animals except the giraffe which I used a 375 H&H My experience with Hannes and Bergzicht was amazing.

I have been spoiled with my hunting experiences to Africa.

As far as rifles, I believe a Ruger .300 Win Mag is hard to beat. I would use that rifle for just about anything.

Welcome to AH.

That sounds awesome Vic! It sounds like luck has been on your side at least for leopard!
Oh yes, my wife is originally from Apollo. I think it’s not too far from Johnstown, PA.

Luck was very much on my side for the leopard.

Is Apollo Armstrong county. It’s about an hour.

I believe you’re correct. She said it was about an hour away.

When hunting, or pretty much anything, I’ll take luck over skill any day!;)

I believe you’re correct. She said it was about an hour away.

When hunting, or pretty much anything, I’ll take luck over skill any day!;)
Isn’t that the truth. I didn’t realize it at the time, but a Leopard is extremely elusive. It is definitely a rare trophy that I’m very proud to have taken.

Welcome aboard Vic, you are amongst friends. Do you have any near term plans for an African hunt? If so, what is on the menu?

Welcome to AH Vic!

Welcome to AH, Vic!

Welcome to our forum. You have picked the best place to talk Africa and big guns!

Welcome aboard Vic, you are amongst friends. Do you have any near term plans for an African hunt? If so, what is on the menu?
I would like to complete the Big Five. I have a Buffalo and Leopard thus far. I know that completing the Big Five is a tall task, especially for an American.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.