Hello from CA - 36 Days to go.

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi,

I have been a lurker here for a long while, thanks for all the info that has helped me. I take off in 36 days to Zim for elephant bull, tuskless, buffalo, zebra and leopard (if one is feeding, and time permitting).

Tickets bought, funds are being wired, immunizations done, form 4457s completed, ammo reloaded, rifles sighted, and almost everything is ready to be packed.

The excitement starts here Tanks! Welcome to Africa Hunting, we are happy to have you joined up.

I truly hope you fill your list, and even more. Enjoy the safari, the people and cherish all the memories.

Great friendships are born when hunters and fire meet.

Happy hunting,

Gday tanks
Welcome and enjoy AH
Them are going to be 36 long days ,mate
Enjoy your time in africa

Hi Tanks,
Looking forward to the hunt report with photos. Will you care to share who you'll be hunting with?

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH Tanks,
Enjoy the preparation, who are you hunting with?

Tanks everyone will gladly review your hunting photos upon your return. Welcome to the site.

Hunting with Dudley Rogers, Tshabezi Safaris. I actually have little time to get ready, so glad almost done with preparations. I take off for a NM bear hunt with hounds on August 14th (starts 16th), come back on the 22nd and take off for Turkey on the 23rd. I come back from Turkey on the 4th of September, re-pack, re-sight in my bear/elephant/buffalo gun with the 450gr/500gr Raptors/solids (shoots 3"/4" low at 50 yards from the bear load so just need to move it up and test), and leave on the 9th for Bulawayo. I do get a two week break before heading to Wyoming for Elk on October 13th (starts 15th).

Lots of traveling and hunting in the next few months.

Tanks you are living my dream......one hunt after another

hi tanks sounds like your internal clock is going to be going mad for a while! ;)

Well, Turkey is 10 hours ahead of CA, and Zim is 9 hours. I will be do my best to not acclimate my internal clock during the 4 days I am back. I am also staying at Afton house in JNB, so will have a good night's sleep before heading to Bulawayo.

Welcome to the posting side of AH.
Hope you'll have some time to share these hunts in type and photos when you get back.
Good luck and stay safe in Zimbabwe. You certainly have most of the dangerous stuff covered.

Welcome to AH, Tanks !

Welcome to AH Tanks! I wish you an amazing time in Zimbabwe.

Welcome to AH Tanks! Tell us about this outfitter your hunting with.

Sure. Well recommended as a number of friends have hunted with him. Below is an interview with him at SCI show this year.
I wasn't even going to go until next year, but he had such an end of season deal that I had to go for it.

Nice piece....

Man you're gonna be busy!

Great clip with a well known face. Looks like your in for a great time what all is on your can't live without list?

Elephants, that is what the hunt is all about. The rest is just me trying to help him with his quota ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharityQua

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg