Greatings

pjacq

Reaction score
Member of
Safari club of New-Cal馘onia
A new member from New-Caledonia.
Very happy to access on your forum.
Twenty years ago i was living in Africa(North of Ivory Coast)
I am French
I am preparing a new safari in africa in Sept 2013(Cafer cafer)
I load my amno for 416 rygby(Henri Dumoulin imperial magnum) and Mauser375HH.
English language is not common for me so excuse my faults.
but i read it very easy.

I ask for reload data in 416 Rigby With 430 Grains RHINO.
On my Island i Dispose only few powders:ADI,Hodgon witch is the same and Vihtavuori.
It will be nice if somebody give me a load for 430 Rhino.
I have a good result with 102 GR of Adi AR3213SC on 410 GR Woodleigh but perhaps 430 Rhino is little bit better.

Thanks for your advises and sorry with my english.

Hi pjacq,
Welcome to the forum. I, myself am thinking of adding the 416 Rigby to my rifles. Hope that you enjoy your time here with the AH crowd.

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH pjacq

Do you have your safari booked or are you looking to find a great PH to go with?

Welcome to AH pjacq!

Welcome to AH pjacq! I can't help you with the Rhino bullet with any load info. However my CZ in .416 Rigby loves 103gr of Hodgdon 4831 behind a 400gr North Fork soft point. Ever so slightly less accurate is 105gr of Hodgdon 4831 (H4831) behind a 400gr Swift A-Frame.

I started with H4831 for load development as after scouring the internet this was by far the most common powder I saw listed. Both the A-Frame and North Fork loads were found first time to the range and therefore only confirmed for me that this was a great powder for the caliber. Both loads have also been repeatable.

Booking

Welcome to AH pjacq

Do you have your safari booked or are you looking to find a great PH to go with?

Yes we hare 6 hunters from New-Caledonia.
We have booked for Kambako safaris in September.
Many hunters from our club knew this place.
For me it is the first time on this spot.
Recently the PH Stuart Taylor has been wounded by his client with an accidental discharge of 458 solid to the left shoulder during buffalo charging very close.fortunately he is surviving depending many operations required with probably heavy consequences.
His medical bills are already well over the million Rand mark and he still has bigger expenses coming.
A call to the hunting fraternity is done for "Stu recovery Fund"

Reloading 416 Rigby with 430 rhino

Welcome to AH pjacq! I can't help you with the Rhino bullet with any load info. However my CZ in .416 Rigby loves 103gr of Hodgdon 4831 behind a 400gr North Fork soft point. Ever so slightly less accurate is 105gr of Hodgdon 4831 (H4831) behind a 400gr Swift A-Frame.

I started with H4831 for load development as after scouring the internet this was by far the most common powder I saw listed. Both the A-Frame and North Fork loads were found first time to the range and therefore only confirmed for me that this was a great powder for the caliber. Both loads have also been repeatable.

I am very near your load with 102 gr of Adi AR2213SC which is the name of Hodgon 4831 in Australia.i get a very accurate result with 410 gr Woodleigh.2300 f/s, 23.5 barrel,1 pouce at 80 yards.
Recently I get a big water buffalo at 120 yards with it in north of Australia.So I'm in confidence with this combination.
But 430 gr rhino seems to me very sexy and before to load it ,if somebody loads this bullet an advise will be welcoming.
Many thanks to your response which confirm my actual load.

Welcome to AH pjacq! Can't help you with a load for the 416 Rigby never even shot one be sure to share your info with the forum if you should come up with a good load.

Welcome to AH pjacq! Can't help you with a load for the 416 Rigby never even shot one be sure to share your info with the forum if you should come up with a good load.

Thanks.i promise you to get into this search as soon as possible and obtain the best result( with the help of god) for 430 gr rhino bullets with Hodgon or other powder and reasonable speed 2200 or 2300 feets.
But it takes some time for this.

welcome and enjoy the site pjacq
you definately like big gun s im sure some one will be able to piont you in the right direction.
you love hunting in africa ,im sure all your mates will also.
good hunting

Welcome to AH.

Good luck with your creating the best load and on your hunting trip.

Welcome to the forum, pjacq !

Welcome to AH, pjacq !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfieWorma

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber