Bushpig Pictures

Here is a picture of my Bushpig. (Ibamba Safaris, July 2013). This was day three of eight. We (my father and I) were actually on the back side of the property looking for Warthog and possibly a Blue Wildebeest. Coming past the Bushpig bait pile, we saw a bushpig not knowing how special it was in the middle of the day. Once our PH, Johan, realized what it was, he said, “Bushpig, Bushpig, Shoot! Shoot!” Without hesitation, I leveled the 6.5 Creedmoor and shot! The Hornady A-Max hit the Bushpig on the right side behind his ribs. The pig went down and I cycled the gun. Now came the “Family Curse”, which would be the fact that we are both reloaders and like to keep our brass. As I looked down to recover the brass, the pig got up and ran to his left and I was not fast enough to get in another shot before he disappeared. My father was not able to get a follow up shot with the 300 win mag either. Time for a blood trail. We put Lukas to work tracking the pig. It did not take long and he waived me up to a “V” in a tree and pointed the pig out to me. He was quartering away from me and the second slug was on its way. When the slug hit the pig on the right rear, he started running in circles to his right. After about 4 turns, I put one more slug in the pigs right side just to be sure and down he went. I got my first good look at a Bushpig! Pictures followed, and then I realized how special it was to get a Bushpig in broad daylight. Johan let us know that this was a very mature bore, and that in his 11 years of guiding, this was the first pig this year and only the second that one of his clients was able to harvest. Others had seen pigs, some had missed, but this was the second that was actually taken during the day.
IMG_1397.JPG

In the picture with me is my father and Lukas.

Grady this is an outstanding Bushpig, you will go through great lengths to get anything like it or even better but I don't think you will ever get anything better. Thanks for sharing this extraordinary experience with us.

I have only ever guided one guy that shot a Bushpig in the day time. This pig was so old he was actually blind and had some injuries from poachers as well.
J17-1065x877.jpg

I think I am getting the pig fever, I'll have to do something about it.

I think I am getting the pig fever, I'll have to do something about it.

Bossie, I believe that you are bushpig fever just waiting to happen!

It you guys want to see Bossie get excited, just toss him into a macadamia grove on a full moon night & get out of the way! Lol

H
Bossie, I believe that you are bushpig fever just waiting to happen!

It you guys want to see Bossie get excited, just toss him into a macadamia grove on a full moon night & get out of the way! Lol

HEYYYYYYY JEFF, what happens in the MAC GROVE stays in the MAC GROVE.

Hi Guys

I told you all I had the pig fever. Well it's over for now. FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

a Friend of mine and his client came looking for a Kudu this morning, well we found the Kudu and a Bushbuck but it was all after we found this old guy.
IMG_0620.JPG

From the Northwest Province, SA.

bushpig-2.jpg

Attachments

• bushpig-2.jpg
    bushpig-2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 162
This thread is making me want to hunt a pig here in Georgia. Any pig!!!

Congratulations JTEX that is one fine pig.

My pig from Zim during daylight. Was the big male in a group of about 7. Didn't even know I wanted a pig until we spotted them and even the trackers were excited!
985.JPG

Struggeld for years to get one, then 4 in one night, not on bait. Managed to drop them all in the run, picked them up nose to tail nose to tail.
2009-06-17 001 2009-06-17 001.JPG
P1020061.JPG
2005-09-04 001 2005-09-04 001.JPG
2009-09-07 001 2009-09-07 002.JPG

Reminds me of growing up with my old man at the dairy farm. He would finish the last shift after 2300hours and on a full moon go up to the mealie lands - we would be dressed in cloth only and veldskoens to afford any noise.
Dad would drive right through the lands downwind, park and listen. Not long one would hear the unmistakable "snap and gobble". Once located he would slip into the fields slowly moving his way up the lines with us kids in tow.
You could hear I our heart beating and every foot step sounded like thunder.
Eventually one of the many pauses would result in dad raising up his gun which was the signal for us to block our ears and vacate the aisle!
I will always remember the flame out the barrel, followed by the charge of pigs exiting the fields then the pride of carrying the gun whilst dad would drag his trophy to the car.

The old man used an old Drilling with double 12G over a .303. Moonlight was his ally and all attempts and using lights or torch failed. All the pigs went down to a SSG and I was privileged enough to be with dad when he double tapped two pigs in one gathering. With external hammers the old girl had to be cocked and carried in the upright position from car!
Sorry no pictures - in those days it was a job and not a sport, but how I wish we could so it again.

Pictures of Bushpig posted by AH members in the Photo Gallery… Enjoy!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanna9950

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.