Best Leopard destinations?

Foxi agree with pricing but stating that these cats don't like bait is quite broad, and not true, which other countries are you regering too? All leopard are wild.

I believe success rate in Namibia has to do with the daylight law and the fact that allot of those cats are ranch cats....

It takes allot more work and figuring out to hunt a Tom moving on and through ranches than a Tom on wilderness areas, for this very reason I believe Namibia and SA to "breed" some of the best leopard PH's in the industry.

Prey availability on ranches are way more..... Hence the slightly less opportunistic food guarding nature, when compared to leopard occurring on "wilderness" areas IMHO not only persecution, remember these cats are highly adaptable and successfully survive and live in reasonably populated areas, which should be regarded as another reason.

You do state correctly the "value" of leopard is key to its survival....

As a final I believe Leopard should be priced similarly to wild lion.... Just my $100 worth... ;) :)
@johhnyblues have a great time what will happen will happen, on leopard and wild lion there are no guarantees but work often (not always equals reward) be excited and positive!
My best always
Thank you Jaco.....I realize the difficulty and odds on leopard. I always go into any hunt high on enthusiasm and hope no matter what animal it is. Since this is my first safari I know I have placed a lot of pressure on myself to start out with a leopard hunt. That being said I m always prepared to not be successful and very hopeful I will be! I have confidence in my PH and area, now it's up to the hunting gods and my ability to do my job.

Even the most elusive pussy will eventually get nailed by an innovative hunter.

Even the most elusive pussy will eventually get nailed by an innovative hunter.
Simon, to which are your referring? Leopard I think

Great discussion!!! please keep coming.
i am in the process to look for a 2017 Leopard hunt and all your comments are great information for my research!!!

Hope to give you a hunt report in about 60 days. Will be hunting with Jaco for Leopard.John

The reopening of Zambia may provide some great opportunities.

Will be interested in seeing what the prices come in at.

Great discussion!!! please keep coming.
i am in the process to look for a 2017 Leopard hunt and all your comments are great information for my research!!!
You are in the right place. A ton of knowledge exists here.

Hope to give you a hunt report in about 60 days. Will be hunting with Jaco for Leopard.John
I'm about 70 days out. Look forward to your successful report!

Best luck, where you will be hunting?
Leo we will be hunting Moz on our Northbank area, I'm sure John will keep you posted.

My best always

The reopening of Zambia may provide some great opportunities.

Will be interested in seeing what the prices come in at.

@Wheels an example pricing for this year but this is just one area so others will be different
$29,560.00 total. this includes daily rate 14 days
trophy fee
4 impala baits
charter in and out
concession fee
dip and pack
safari, bird and gun permits

@Wheels an example pricing for this year but this is just one area so others will be different
$29,560.00 total. this includes daily rate 14 days
trophy fee
4 impala baits
charter in and out
concession fee
dip and pack
safari, bird and gun permits

Thanks Mike.

There will probably be some brutes taken out until they get reeducated.

Damn I want a Leopard so bad.... And a Buffalo.... and a bunch of other PG! Ugh!

Thanks Jaco. definitive I will be waiting for John´s report.
Even 2017 seems far away, I know that good guide normally are booked well ahead.

$29,560 seems very competitive versus Zimbabwe

thats for this year and remember areas etc were only allocated late on.......so not sure if things will go up a bit in the future when marketing etc is sorted, and people arent trying to sell hunts late in the marketing time .........this is for a hunt in a luangwa valley area .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianevown

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.