Best Leopard destinations?

True Mike I remember Stromber Elangeni selling for $35 000 before the closure.....

the sellers alway are praise contentedly with hers :Happy::Happy:
Foxi

I believe success rate in Namibia has to do with the daylight law and the fact that allot of those cats are ranch cats....

It takes allot more work and figuring out to hunt a Tom moving on and through ranches than a Tom on wilderness areas, for this very reason I believe Namibia and SA to "breed" some of the best leopard PH's in the industry.

Also the reason I stand by my original statement. Location, Location, Location.

Bluey may well be successful, and I hope he is, in Namibia. But, being less expensive generally means something in the long run. If you are unsuccessful on a leopard hunt then try and hunt them again, either in the same area or elsewhere, then your overall cost of the second hunt should include the cost of the first hunt in your total cost of success.

Maybe Joyce and I could have been successful of two Leopards on one 2:1 hunt elsewhere but I chose the Niassa Reserve for a reason. That reason lead to success in one hunt.

Cheers
Jim

PS, sorry to interrupt the boob fest.

Niassa, is great, so are other areas in Moz... (Niassa) however don't have the body and sheer size tons of the Khommas Hochland in Namibia, Zim lowveld, or the Waterberg in SA.

While other areas might not have the numbers of Niassa they could and should be considered as prime for "giant" leopard.

For example my north bank and Niassa hunts are on the other side of $25 towards $30k but the two areas offer different kind of hunts, Niassa numbers,..... Nhenda size

My best always

Jaco, I know you are well versed in leopard hunting. So to switch gears a moment to a slightly different question. I will be hopefully using my 300 wsm with 180 gr nosler partition bullets. Where do you prefer your clients to aim? High shoulder or behind the shoulder.

watermark.php

leopard_shot_placement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you spike. That's a great diagram. So I assume in line with front leg middle of the body. Heart lung preferred. I assume

remember when the light is low as at dusk they can appear to be broadside on but can be slightly angled either way, and you will probably be shooting at an upward angle of varying degrees depending how high the bait is and closeness of the blind. the top photo you are looking slightly down on the leopard

remember when the light is low as at dusk they can appear to be broadside on but can be slightly angled either way, and you will probably be shooting at an upward angle of varying degrees depending how high the bait is and closeness of the blind. the top photo you are looking slightly down on the leopard
Thank you good advice. I would aim slightly upward on that I guess

Final group with my 300 wsm and final practice session, one click left as I left the range. Gun is ready, hope I am;)

2015-06-27 09.24.16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.