Barnes vs GS Custom

With the 200 gr hv zeroed at 200 metres I found them shooting 1.5 inches high at 100m. Flatter than the other ammo I use but the hv's are also lighter and faster. Not a significant difference to hunting.

Today is my last day to take a deer with the 375 Ruger if a shot doesn't present its self I will be left to fill my tags with my .54 flintlock starting December 26 I do wish to get one 375 200 HV to see how bullets preform on deer I'm a little concerned that it might not expand on soft skinned game.
My dad is trying 22-250 today so I hope to have a third deer to study wounds.

Good luck today! We've shot springbuck with them and the results were good. Not a lot of expansion on smaller game but the hydrostatic shock is enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pshharriso

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg