Winchester Model 70 possible crack issue?

So I did some thinking and come what may I’ll hang onto it. I talked with the dealer and he begrudgingly said he would take it back but thinking I’ll keep it.

Since I’ll probably be sending it out for more than just the stock work does anyone have any recommendations for a smith, preferably in the south to do the work?
PM inbound. I live in NC as well and just happen to live within 10 minutes of one of the best gunsmiths you will find.
 
See if the dealer is willing to give it to you half price "as is". Then maybe go at it with more assertion to knock it apart. Heating the action might help.
@Ontario Hunter
Sometimes the opposite does the trick.
Take the scope off, bolt out and bottom metal off and put it in deep freeze overnight.
Had to do that when I bisley bedded my No4 action and missed a couple of spots with the release agent.
Took it out of the freezer and gave it a good wrap with the palm of my hand and it popped straight off.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,039
Members
168,818
Latest member
GeorgeL26
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top