What Have You Killed with the 7x57

In my 7x57 I really like the S&B SPCE bullets. They group very well with iron sights and 26” barrel from my 1940 commercial Mauser 98.

A lot of elk have been taken with the 7x57 and 140 grain bullets. I'd want something heavier but it is a fine rifle for most hunting in the lower 48. I've never heard anyone who owned one that didn't like the rifle.

Try 170 Rhino....
Thanks IvW I'm going to go with 160gr Safari Bullet Company, bullets I like that I can push them to 2600fps and makes it easier for those unexpected longer shots you find in the bushveld on open areas up to 300 meters. Meat damage is minimal as they are bonded same as Rhino and if they work as good as they do on my 375 and 458 lott I will be very happy.

Was on the range again last Saturday and did dome fine tuning to the loads and overall very happy, last thing to do is to sight it in and I'm set to go for the hunting season and filling up the freezer.

On the Menu is gemsbuck or kudu cow up north in Limpopo with an impala ewe or two. 9 May is around the corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!