Use a service for a hunt in RSA in early April?

mstewart44

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Planning a safari April 9 to April 18. We are to be the first hunters in camp for the year. Given this is so early in the hunting season, do you think using a service would be necessary for the gun permitting? If I were going in August, I wouldn't ask since this is prime time for hunting, but what do you guys think about the need for a service so early in the year?

If your outfitter or booking agent are doing their job and providing you the information and forms you need it is a waste of money. They can't clear anything for you until you arrive. Get the forms and fill them out at home before you go. It will actually take less time than using a service.

Also don't forget you need to have a "Letter of Invitation" from the outfitter or you will not get through the South African police with your gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!