Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA/SCI/RGS
Hunted
Germany, Holland, Namibia, Honduras
Just purchased tickets for Namibia in June 2021. First time using Qatar Airways. Any suggestions on which lounges might be better for a shower and nap given the 10 hour layover? My wife and mother (84) are along so I want to make sure she is comfortable on the long trip. Route of flight looks like we will overfly my campsite in Saudi Arabia prior to the start of the first Gulf War! I wish I could take them to the parking garage at King Faud airport where I had my own parking stall for a while. One cot and a field desk filled it up.

Its a very nice airport, unfortunately my layover was only 2 hours so I didn't get a chance to check out the lounges. But I am sure they will be first class.

Just purchased tickets for Namibia in June 2021. First time using Qatar Airways. Any suggestions on which lounges might be better for a shower and nap given the 10 hour layover? My wife and mother (84) are along so I want to make sure she is comfortable on the long trip. Route of flight looks like we will overfly my campsite in Saudi Arabia prior to the start of the first Gulf War! I wish I could take them to the parking garage at King Faud airport where I had my own parking stall for a while. One cot and a field desk filled it up.
A8- Who will you be hunting with and what species are you after? Just curious. Hutch

Hutch.. hunting with Rolf and Marion Ritter at Farm Woltemade. Third trip, wonderful people and hosts. Main target is an eland with springbok, duiker, baboon and if a huge warthog shows, I'll add him to the list.

In February of 19 we went to Namibia with Kowas on Qatar . On the way over and back we used the 1st class lounge. Nice coffee bar, food was good, shower was very clean and all the drinks were free. Staff was great. I think it’s the mid priced lounge u can buy a ticket for.

Al Mourjan is the Business Class Lounge that comes with business class ticket, or can be entered from economy by purchasing entrance at the lounge reception counter. There is usually an attendant at the foot of the escalator that can help you. This lounge is past the large teddy bear in the entry concourse, whereas the First Class Lounge is to the right. Lounge has anything and everything you could possibly want including complimentary meals, beverages, showers, smoking lounge, sleeping lounge and business center. Flight departures are announced verbally by attendants in each area so no loud speakers to listen for, and there is a flight board near the entrance if you are up and about you can check on flight status. Duty free and shopping is all around the escalator where you enter. Most flights about a 10-15 min walk from lounge. I don’t know about cost, but I am sure you can find on website.

@ArmyAV8tor I think there is an onsite hotel there to rest up for long layovers. I know you can go for a tour around Doha and dune driving. There is a ton to do. You can also leave the airport and go shopping in the markets etc. Well you were about to at one time but who knows with all this crap going on.

As others have said, the airport in Doha is very nice.. plenty of options to get some rest in a lounge, hotel, etc.. or find a nice meal...

ASSUMING Qatar isnt shut down or denying people transiting from entering Doha, I'd recommend leaving the airport if you have a 10 hour layover.. Doha is a nice, reasonably safe city.. with a couple of decent sights to see, some excellent restaurants, etc.. you could get out for a few hours, stretch your legs, get some fresh air, and still make it back to the airport with plenty of time to go to the lounge, get some food, grab a shower, and be at your gate ready to board for your next flight..

Qatar Air is also an excellent airline.. you'll get good service, be fed decent food, have more space than you would on a US carrier, etc.. I've flown them regionally throughout the Middle East several times, and a couple of times from the US to other international destinations at this point.. and never had a bad experience in any way

I flew Qatar last year, Madrid/Doha/Joburg and back. Good experience. Had very good connections, so no time to go to a lounge.

I'd highly recommend the Oryx hotel for the 10 hour layover. It's nice to have a quiet place to rest and is well worth the cost in my opinion.

We're booked with Kowas in early June flying through Doha as well with a 9 hour layover. I haven't been able to track down much about the Al Mourjan lounge regarding cost. A review by thepointsguy indicated it was about $120/person/day. Does anyone have any recent experience paying to use the lounge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.