The wait is nearly over

Exciting times! Have a great trip and we look forward to the report!
 
… nothing wrong w/ being a good student & steward on AH. I do it often even w/ afew trips notched on the belt plus an African Adventure is far beyond the hunt/stalks … equally indulge in Place, People, & Culture.

Exciting times ahead! Happy Trails
Exactly what I tell my hunters who join me for their first safari!
 
Which outfitter?
GOOD LUCK!
I’m going with Limcroma Safaris.
my Professional Hunter is Jan Loots.
I’ve met with Jan on a couple of different occasions here in the states.
I’m impressed with his knowledge and we get along great.
I know I’ll have a great time hunting with him.
 
Good luck on crossing those last few days off your calendar, the wait will soon be over, and then time will race forward till 10days later.

It is a great idea to keep a diary of sorts, it wil help you to remember those minute details and live the moments again.

Oh how I envy the first time hunter of Africa!

Safe travels and happy hunting!

Cheers

V.
 
About this time next week, I’ll be enjoying a steak at Afton for the very first time.
it’s going to be a VERY long week!
Elize at the Afton House is wonderful!! Hopefully, they will have an outdoor fire for you to enjoy while your steak is being prepared!! I leave May 3rd for a hunt with Tsala, giving great thought to hunting with Lincroma next year, I appreciated their respond time and answers!! Take it all in, enjoy some beautiful sunsets and perhaps a sundowner or two!!!

What caliber rifle are you taking?
 
Good luck on crossing those last few days off your calendar, the wait will soon be over, and then time will race forward till 10days later.

It is a great idea to keep a diary of sorts, it wil help you to remember those minute details and live the moments again.

Oh how I envy the first time hunter of Africa!

Safe travels and happy hunting!

Cheers

V.
I absolutely plan on writing in a journal every day.
 
Elize at the Afton House is wonderful!! Hopefully, they will have an outdoor fire for you to enjoy while your steak is being prepared!! I leave May 3rd for a hunt with Tsala, giving great thought to hunting with Lincroma next year, I appreciated their respond time and answers!! Take it all in, enjoy some beautiful sunsets and perhaps a sundowner or two!!!

What caliber rifle are you taking?
Taking a Winchester model 70 Supergrade in .30-06 shoot 180 grain Nosler partitions.

I have been in contact with Limcroma for over 2 years as we postponed our trip (covid). I have nothing but good things to say about the communication and their responsiveness.
I’m looking forward to a great time.
 
Safe travels, and will be looking for your report.
 
Good for you! Safe travels. I’m to fly United on Tuesday. From Pittsburgh to JNB it’s just 20 hours, I just don’t want to do 30 - 40 hours flying with another carrier, not to mention I’d lose my business class seat. [emoji849]
 
Well, after a mad day of scrambling after united cancelled my flight, we are leaving in the morning on Qatar.
only 30 hours from Charlotte.
staying positive.

if you’re traveling on united to JNB between now and may 7, you might want to look at options.
Download the Qutar app along with signing up, you can then track your luggage.

I'm wheels up with them the end of May
 
Well, after a mad day of scrambling after united cancelled my flight, we are leaving in the morning on Qatar.
only 30 hours from Charlotte.
staying positive.

if you’re traveling on united to JNB between now and may 7, you might want to look at options.
And the cost of the tickets on Qatar for a last minute flight change from United?
 
I made it back home.
I have to say that this was the most amazing trip I have ever taken.
I will write a hunting report soon.
I feel like I have not yet processed all that I experienced.
I can say this, I’m started planning safari 2 before safari 1 was over!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,140
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top